Flight Around Long Island

Born and bred there, always nice to see from the air. Not so nice from the Long Island Parking Lot(Expressway)

I was up flying yesterday too. It was an awesome day around here on Long Island! Great pictures for sure. I think we are lucky to fly around some of the most scenic and diverse areas of the country!

Nice pics. Remind me of when I used to fly out of Brookhaven.

-Rich

Thanks for the comments. It was a great day to fly, not too hot, nice visibility and the air was smooth for the most part. Only got bumpy when I got back into the pattern to land.

2.3 hours on the Hobbs for the leisurely flight heading south to the outer shoreline then east to Montauk then north to Orient Point then west along the north shore.

Would have taken more pics but the battery in my camera died just after passing Greenpoint.

Nice pics. Remind me of when I used to fly out of Brookhaven.

-Rich

My first ever airplane ride was out of Brookhaven, 1975. In fact my airplane was first owned by Mid Island, delivered the same year I took my flight. I don't have any records of that but it is really possible my first flight was in the airplane I bought 32 years later. :dunno:

Back