flew to FDK this morning

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
what a great morning to fly. this is, I believe, number 7 since I started up again after the winter. more emergency procedures discussion, and 3 landings - all with pulled power abeam numbers. trim trim trim trim.... bring her in.

not quite as pretty as Tuesday night but not bad overall. I'm getting more consistent I think and definitely multitasking better. My CFI says I haven't appeared to have a problem with the radios yet - apart from learning the lingo and when to do it - which is where the 'getting better at multitasking' is coming in handy. guess I'm a good talker huh. ha

flew to FDK - a ghost town, so quiet before 730 AM. a few simulated engine out landings on runway 5 (RP) and then back again. definitely paying attn to those landmarks!

Many coworkers live out near the airport so as we came in I did a traffic check on the toll road - all clear - so when we got back I called a few (we are all commuting veterans - we talk to each other in the mornings to commiserate) and gave them the traffic report. funny.

next up - short field landings! we lose half our runway in 3 weeks. argh.

Sounds like a fun flight. I did one like that a couple of days ago, and plan to fly on Monday, too. After that, CFII is back and it is time to finish the IR!

I used to live in Frederick, but that was before I was a pilot. I loved to go over watch the plane putter around the pattern. I've been thinking making FDK a stopping point for my trips to upstate NY.

I don't miss the I-270 commute to Rockville... at all!

Back