Flew by myself today!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Well, i haven't flown by myself for a really long time and i decided it was a nice day so why not. I went to the airport around 1 p.m. and took off. Flew around for a little while then went back for some touch and go's. I deicided it would be fun to try and land right on the numbers and that kept me real busy. It was hard with the heat making me float but i managed to do it once or twice. Funny thing is when i went to fill out my logbook i had no idea how many landings I did. I would have to say it was the best time i have ever had flying by myself.

Rudy sounds like a fun day. On occasion I have lost track of take offs and landings as well. It has been a long time since I've flown by myself. I'm always searching for folks to fly with. I should spend some solo time.

Last edited:
KOOL Rudy, i dont think i've flown alone for well over a year maybe this weekend i'll do that , DaveG

To keep track of the number of landings I just waddle off to the men's room to count the 'piles' in my shorts. It's a 1:1 ratio.

AdamZ said:
On occasion I have lost track of take offs and landings as well.

Must've upgraded from ADF to GPS. ;) How do you listen to ballgames these days? (Oh, yeah... On your Garmin 396 or PS Engineering audio panel w/Sirius...)

flyingcheesehead said:
Must've upgraded from ADF to GPS. ;)

Thats awesome. That's how I keep track of my landings too. I thought it was something that only I did.

Makes me feel better knowing its not a "Nick Oddity"

Back