FlashChat gone - will be replaced

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
For those of you who are wondering why FlashChat is gone, the reason is it was a vulnerability in FlashChat which was used by our friendly visitors yesterday to give them the ability to break into the site and gain the level of control necessary to achieve what they did.

So FlashChat is gone, and Jesse and I are going to be looking into possible replacements today, hopefully.

It was a nice application, and was WELL worth the $5.00 we paid for it when we were first getting started, but as we have grown and attracted more attention, our need for more stable and secure software has grown as well.

Chuck

For those of you who are wondering why FlashChat is gone, the reason is it was a vulnerability in FlashChat which was used by our friendly visitors yesterday to give them the ability to break into the site and gain the level of control necessary to achieve what they did.

So FlashChat is gone, and Jesse and I are going to be looking into possible replacements today, hopefully.

It was a nice application, and was WELL worth the $5.00 we paid for it when we were first getting started, but as we have grown and attracted more attention, our need for more stable and secure software has grown as well.

Chuck

Let us know if donations will be required to fund the purchase of a suitable replacement! :yes:

Ken: FlashChat was vulnerable and allowed the hackers access behind the scenes.

Tim: The Flashchat panel was loose, and the punk kids were able to pull off the cover, reach around it through the firewall, and cut the fuel line.

Ken: FlashChat was vulnerable and allowed the hackers access behind the scenes.

Tim: The Flashchat panel was loose, and the punk kids were able to pull off the cover, reach around it through the firewall, and cut the fuel line.

Even I understood that.. do we know who?

I'm not at liberty to comment on that at this time, sorry.

Back