Flash Chat and Active X?

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
My Laptop crashed and My computer guru friend bought it back to life. Some sections of my HD are damaged. But it appears to run well now. Anyway went to log onto Flash chat and it says I need to download Active X. But then the computer gives me a warning to beware of Active X. Is it ok to install Active X I want to use flash chat?

It probably says you need to download an ActiveX *component* - probably flash or the shockwave player.

All of the components required by flashchat are safe to use, so you can go ahead and ok the install.

Chuck did POA change something? Now I have this stupid little bar telling be to down load Active X when I try to get into flash chat on my desk top that had no problems. Appears I can't get into flash chat without doing it. Every time I try to get into Flash chat on my desk top the bar comes up I get a balnk screen and here bloop bloop. ( Thats a technical sound). Should I just download the Active X on both the desktop and lap top?

AdamZ said:
Chuck did POA change something? Now I have this stupid little bar telling be to down load Active X when I try to get into flash chat on my desk top that had no problems. Appears I can't get into flash chat without doing it. Every time I try to get into Flash chat on my desk top the bar comes up I get a balnk screen and here bloop bloop. ( Thats a technical sound). Should I just download the Active X on both the desktop and lap top?

ActiveX is something microsoft made. I hate it. But.. Erm that's another issue. Basically what it's telling you is the flashchat requires that you install an activex componet. It's OK to do this, as flashchat is safe.

What changed? You now have service pack 2. you must not have before, that warning, and that sound you are talking about were added in SP2.

Jesse

Back