Fixing a TFR?

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Light and Sporty Guy
I've been hearing a lot about TFRs getting busted, but who is responsible for fixing them afterwards? Do they get fixed? Or, do they just get thrown away and someone gets a new one? That doesn't seem sustainable to me.

I've been hearing a lot about TFRs getting busted, but who is responsible for fixing them afterwards? Do they get fixed? Or, do they just get thrown away and someone gets a new one? That doesn't seem sustainable to me.
I think you misunderstand...busting a TFR refers to enhancing it, like breast augmentation. When you bust a TFR, it just gets better.

I'm learning something new every day here... and I thought busting a TFR simply meant the TFR did something wrong and got caught. I was always curious what the TFR did to get busted.

we’ve got too many feral TFRs out there…maybe we have to start a campaign to get them fixed.
I used to work with a lady who looked after a colony of feral cats - she would build them shelters for the winter, trap them and get them spayed / neutered / vaccinated and then released, etc. She also had her own cats. And, one day, found a stray hanging around with her cats. Took it in, got it spayed / neutered / vaccinated like any "responsible cat owner"... Well, apparently her reputation as a crazy cat lady had gotten around - someone shows up at her door asking about their lost cat.

Really.

who is responsible for fixing them afterwards

The FAA's Federal Airspace Repair Team (FART) is responsible for this.

The process for repairing a busted TFR takes approximately 8 to 12 weeks and usually results in several rounds of back-and-forth between various government agencies, lots of (actual paper) paperwork, special issuances of repair orders and sometime deferral of repairs to the TFR. Thus many TFRs remain busted and/or get busted again and again.

I used to work with a lady who looked after a colony of feral cats - she would build them shelters for the winter, trap them and get them spayed / neutered / vaccinated and then released, etc. She also had her own cats. And, one day, found a stray hanging around with her cats. Took it in, got it spayed / neutered / vaccinated like any "responsible cat owner"... Well, apparently her reputation as a crazy cat lady had gotten around - someone shows up at her door asking about their lost cat.

Really.

01b0e112eaadfc33a774f145d9a4d5d29b6cea506615060f64f44debecc5059c_1.jpg

Back