Five Planes for Sale 3/27/17

What year did they extend the cherokee? that 71 is pretty but I am thinking 73 was when they lengthened them.
I might be able to overlook it though. That is a nice ADF.

What year did they extend the cherokee? that 71 is pretty but I am thinking 73 was when they lengthened them.
I might be able to overlook it though. That is a nice ADF.

PA-28-180s got the stretch with the 235s, in 1973. They were called Challenger and Charger respectively, then the designation was dropped for Pathfinder and Archer in 1974, until they were both superseded by the taper wing variants (181/236) of the same, called Archer II and Dakota.

I would not recommend bothering with the short fuses for a mission that wishes to emphasize family interaction, the leg room is worthless. For a 2 person dedicated airplane, these short fuses offer a good discount for essentially a de facto extra luggage area. You'll see pricing reflect that change in pretty much the entire line of PA28 variants and even in the PA24/30 line. When it comes to family, pax comfort goes above cruise speed.

I guess the pedals (on the Ercoupe) are for nosewheel steering only?

that aircoupe is worth 50k especially from van bortal

Let me know if you find a 182 with a low time engine, GTN-750, autopilot, etc. Seems like everything with a low time engine has a basic panel, and everything with a nice panel has a high time engine or damage history. That 182 you posted in the 1/16/17 edition is a great flyer! A friend of mine bought it
IMG_3858.JPG

Last edited:
That 71 Cherokee... might need a OH the next day or might run another 400 hrs... how much does a OH cost? 20k I am guessing. If so, that ain't a 60k plane

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PA-28-180s got the stretch with the 235s, in 1973. They were called Challenger and Charger respectively, then the designation was dropped for Pathfinder and Archer in 1974, until they were both superseded by the taper wing variants (181/236) of the same, called Archer II and Dakota.

I would not recommend bothering with the short fuses for a mission that wishes to emphasize family interaction, the leg room is worthless. For a 2 person dedicated airplane, these short fuses offer a good discount for essentially a de facto extra luggage area. You'll see pricing reflect that change in pretty much the entire line of PA28 variants and even in the PA24/30 line. When it comes to family, pax comfort goes above cruise speed.
:yeahthat:

My first plane was a '61 Cherokee 160. Great 2-pax + baggage hauler. Back seat useless for anything but double below-the-knee amputees. Had a few #2 passenger do the sit-sideways thing in back for short trips only. If you want a good family hauler in the Cherokee line get a Dakota. I worked up from the 160 to a 180, then an Arrow and finally a Dakota. The last one was the best of the lot imo.

Back