First-world problems

I want to replace the 250 hp with another 350 hp.
Hey Whitney, we like our 8R370. This one has the E23 transmission but I prefer the IVT. Supposedly the E23 will lug better under heavy loads than the IVT. Good luck finding a new, big, row crop tractor. Local dealer says only two or three more new tractors for their inventor this year. Bought this one back in October before the big price increase. New and used farm equipment prices have gone nuts.
8r370.jpg

Battery-powered lawn tools.
Background: 30+ years of trimming shrubs without an issue, then after cutting my extension cord twice in 30 minutes last month I went all-in on this route last week. Really impressed with the performance and ease. Batteries are $200 a pop!

Hey Whitney, we like our 8R370. This one has the E23 transmission but I prefer the IVT. Supposedly the E23 will lug better under heavy loads than the IVT. Good luck finding a new, big, row crop tractor. Local dealer says only two or three more new tractors for their inventor this year. Bought this one back in October before the big price increase. New and used farm equipment prices have gone nuts.
View attachment 107691

Thanks very much!

I agree with you on that point.

For parts and maintenance similarity, ordered a new tractor the same as the fairly new one I bought a few years ago.
The old, high hour, 250 hp tractor will be traded in when they deliver my new bigger one, around February or March 2023.

Battery-powered lawn tools.
Background: 30+ years of trimming shrubs without an issue, then after cutting my extension cord twice in 30 minutes last month I went all-in on this route last week. Really impressed with the performance and ease. Batteries are $200 a pop!
Went to Ace Hardware a number of years ago and asked for male and female DIY plugs and salesman, without further info offered, said “Been trimming shrubs have ya?”

After beating two gas powered trimmers to death on a handy Ash tree, I finally decided to go down to the local shop and buy me the fancy Makita electric trimmer. They gave me (!) two spare batteries for free and I was back in business...

With the idiotic government (EPA) imposed "emissions" modifications, the gas powered trimmers I had would no longer start, run or cut worth a damn.

Kalifonistan has completely banned gas powered equipment, so those geniuses can enjoy the convenience of battery powered generators.

Back