First unread post

Norman

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
KPTK
The arrow that should take you to the first unread post works sometimes and doesn't work other times.
What's the fix?

It doesn't know where your first unread post is from before the import. Are these threads that you've viewed since we were on Xenforo? If you haven't viewed it since vBulletin it won't know where to take you. You can just mark everything as read and start over on this software and it should work 100% of the time.

@jason ...

Norm's the guy who marked all forums read and then wondered if there was a way to undo it!

:goofy:

Oh yeah. Is anybody else seeing this? It works right for me every time (aside from the import disconnect)

@jason

I experience it on occasion and, typically, when it does it, it takes me to two or three posts above the first new one.

I may be dreaming the following but...

...it seems like it does it when there is a photo involved. It takes me back to the last photo.

Not only does it not always take me to the first unread post, very often it marks as unread, posts that I had already read, i.e. it shows them as "New". Hmm.

I find that you don't need to click on the red arrow. You can click on the title of the post (red) and it will take you to the first unread post.

Back