First time noticing glideslope flag

4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
I am amazed at the number of things to debug owning a vintage airplane...

Flying an ILS during instrument training noted the flag was showing, it went away about 200 ft AGL. Friday going to try and troubleshoot whilst flying a lesson. What should I look for to say it works or does not? Any easy way to decide if it was that day, my radios, the actual gauge, or that ILS?

Thanks.

What type of plane? Only have single Nav radio? Was the glide slope “working” with the flag showing ?

Check NOTAMs at the airport where you were flying the ILS. I have seen GS's NOTAMed out of service on more than one occasion. Also, somebody could have been running a mowing tractor in the GS critical area and interferred with the signal.

Check NOTAMs at the airport where you were flying the ILS. I have seen GS's NOTAMed out of service on more than one occasion. Also, somebody could have been running a mowing tractor in the GS critical area and interferred with the signal.

There were no NOTAMs, don't think there were mowers, it was a school environment with many planes though.

What type of plane? Only have single Nav radio? Was the glide slope “working” with the flag showing ?

Everything about the glideslope looked good except for the flag showing.
Dual nav radios but only one for GS.
C172

Issue was not present today so I am going to consider case closed.

Back