first time flied through a sky cloud

T

TheLuke

VRF flying today without Mister Tim from KAXQ so solo and query about airspeed in clouds. Just I decide one time try it.

Circled I, the cloud make sure for it is the clear of other bad idea pilots.

Then flied out in a line
Make the 180 then flied direct to the cloud in the sky
Airspeed was steady for 138 knot miles
Enter I, the sky cloud and forgot to eyeball airspeed but felt resistance upon penetraton of sky cloud.

Denser Air is it? (Denser mean Thicker)
So once penetrating a sky cloud does pilots find reduction in airspeed or is sensation some other phenomenal?

Not will I, fly a sky cloud again intil private then instriment achievement. And also Airlines American. They have rating. So no FAA please. One time I find a dead body (male). Will talk, on that in a posting. This time is not for that.

So for wrap up cloud = slows down plane yes? or slows down plane no? please choose.

Thanks for patronizing
-Skywalker

It's a stone wall in the air. DONT FLY THROUGH IT!

☺️

Jus kiddn.

Go for it (but don't tell anyone I told you this).

Playing with little fluffy clouds. It's one of the pleasures of small airplane flying.

A little birdie tells me that the OP is 6PC.

Talk English, he does no good.

Headache now, have I.

Geez where are the guys taking everything literally? I would guess you speed up in a cloud water vapor being less dense then air.

d7c5258e289a2e3b50ddf69f41363cab0615cb58ea77980bc801d938f27058ac.jpg

I dunno, I read this 4-5 times and seems like he has a legit question.
I myself don't know the answer because I am a VFR only pilot and did not fly through a "sky cloud". I would not do that. It breaks the rules put forth by the FAA,a respectable organization which keeps us safe (Praise be unto the FAA).

If I did fly through a cloud this morning at 9:45 AM on my way to Cedar mills for breakfast, I sure as heck wouldn't go posting about it on the internet. It is not like I was descending through the layer at 2500 and decided to sneak through one just for grins. That would be dishonest and put my private pilot certificate in jepoardy.

This is not the sort of thing I would do while on flight following just to make sure there were a 2nd pair of eyes watching for traffic. It is a violation and it is unforgivable.

That being said I think someone should stop speculating about whomever "TheLuke" is or isn't and maybe help the guy out. I personally don't have an answer for him and haven't ever had the experience of what appears to be some sort of change in air resistance just prior to entering downwind leg this morning that may or may not be perceived as a sudden change in airspeed that was unexpected by the OP and as such he didn't check the ASI to confirm such an event occurs when entering IMC.

I also think it is unfair to pick on him just because he not only appears to be a starwars fan but also talks a bit like Yoda.

So anyway to "TheLuke"
I wish I had an answer to your question but being I have placed such strict minimums on myself, I am unable to fully understand your experience. I just haven't had the hours to try and risk messing with those minimums this morning while my parents were watching my kids so I could enjoy the wonderful weather with calm winds, lots of sunshine and a scattered layer at my destination.

On behalf of POA, I am sorry that you are getting this sort of treatment for what I perceive to be a very honest and heartfelt question.

Blue Skies Buddy.

Holy crap

I swear to God, I did not change my name, avatar, or sig
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

The OP is a weirdly calibrated way of writing -- just enough bizarre stuff to almost make you stop reading, then finally, when you are almost ready to give up, a good question.

Look, I can't even figure out what you're saying, and that's less because it's flying mumbo-jumbo and more just bad grammar.

I can say that I rode with a pilot today and he flew us through one or two clouds, and it was really cool. He said since we could see through them, then they weren't really clouds. (He makes crap up sometimes.) He sure seemed to love going through those things though!

This is the best thing that has ever happened on POA

Every time I hit refresh, I have more starwars stuff added to my posts.

plane in sky cloud no sloe, head illusion you have

Maybe it is that it just suddenly got bumpy.
There was a noticeable difference in the feel of the plane before, during, and after.

not that I've noticed...and I've cruised for a few hours in them

they do get bumpy at times and that can cause airspeed changes

certainly there is a change in experience from seeing the cloud and percieving your airspeed just prior to entering it and then losing the visual speed reference when in a cloud

solid IMC is amazing/disturbing because you can lose most of your visual sense of motion, it can take a little while to get used to - on one of my early IFR flights in IMC I spent several hours in a smooth stratus layer, it had rain off and on so I had an indication of my speed at times, at other times the outside world was just a gray nothingness - of course if you keep your scan up then you don't even see that...

It just all depends. The increased moisture in the cloud isn't going to typically impact the airspeed in most airplanes. Sometimes it's not a LOT more moisture than what you had before.

Usually, if your speed gets impacted in a cloud, it's because of the turbulence. Also possible you could be getting pushed down by falling air and losing airspeed as you try to maintain altitude.

There are times, on a dark night, where the only way to tell if you're in a cloud is to shine a light out the window or turn the landing light on. Although if you have strobes and the strobes are on it'll becoming very obvious you're in a cloud.

A little birdie tells me that the OP is 6PC.

That, and reading the poster's UN...:yesnod:

Which begs the question- is 6PC the source of a lot of the trolly postings?:dunno:

Jesse sees that both TheLuke and 6PC post from the same IP address.

#LearnSpoofingOrDie

I had a legit question but I wanted to post unregistered.

I was afraid if I posted with what Mrs 6PC calls my "Obvious writing style filled with unique grammer and capitalization flaws" then the unregistered would be pointless.

Intentionally adapting a yoda style was the best solution but I don't have a yoda ip address so no joy

For the FAA record, I did not violate VFR minimums.

How big was the cloud? Was the entire plane contained inside the cloud?

At least you and the wife got free upgrades to large avatars out of the deal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back