First time checking out MedExpress

Speed

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Speed
And I'm not impressed. I got most of it filled out. Clicked on a question mark next to a numbered question (which I just assumed would give me information about that field) and it just opened a new window with a log-in to MedExpress. Back to the main page, clicked SAVE at the bottom, and got some validation error and said it would not be saved. Went back to look at it again and got an error about the site being down for maintenance. Nice. :rolleyes2:

I've managed to use AOPA's Turbo Medical until this year, but the AME's seem to be insisting on the online format.

Stacey, the key is that with MedXpress, the AME can still vaporize it if necessary. Turbomedical requries a signed REAL 8500-8 and once that's committed too....well you get the picture.

I just used MedXPress this week for the first time. I had the same problem with the help text when I used Firefox, but it worked from IE. Fortunately, I didn't experience the other problems you described.

The only major complaint I had about MedXPress was that I couldn't figure out how to print out a copy of my application before submitting it. Once I submitted it, I got a nice PDF copy. But before the submit, I had to resort to saving HTML which I could view in a browser offline, but couldn't quite figure out how to get a hard copy with all the information showing. I'm sure there's a solution to this, I just didn't put the work into figuring it out. Some of the fields, like Drs visits and explanations for good old 18.x were too long and required scrolling. That's fine when viewing online but those fields don't print well. OTOH, there wouldn't have been room on the form this this information.

Minor complaints are that I couldn't just write "various" in the date field for multiple Drs visits for the same subject, and frequency of drug use selection didn't have what I wanted. One more, but I can't remember what it was. Like I said, these are minor.

I definitely plan on using MedXPress again next time.

I've used MedXPress twice now, for my last two Class 2 physicals. Have not had a problem.

To review it before I submitted, I just used the web browser printer function. I also have a pdf printer loaded as one of my "printers", so I can print it straight to pdf for my electronic records.

To review it before I submitted, I just used the web browser printer function. I also have a pdf printer loaded as one of my "printers", so I can print it straight to pdf for my electronic records.

As usual I didn't explain myself very well. I was able to print a copy of the form before I submitted, but the hard copy didn't include all the information I had entered. Some of the fields on the form, like the Drs visited, are scrollable lists. I was able to enter ten Drs visits into the field, but only three or so show up on the screen at a time. To view different parts of the list when viewing it online, you have to use the scroll bar. That's fine of course. But when I print it, it's like the print driver takes a snapshot of the screen. It doesn't show all ten Drs visits, it only shows the first three.

I didn't think to try a PDF printer. Might work, might not. I'm sure there's some print driver that would expand these lists. If I really cared, I could have edited the saved HTML to increase the size of the list fields, then printed.

Lee

So I finally got the form filled out, submitted. Called and scheduled an exam. The receptionist told me I would be their first candidate with the MedXpress system. Great. I thought I was the only one behind the times on this!

The drop dead date has been reached. The AME is at risk if he does not start doing the medical branch equivalent of IACRA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back