First TFR this afternoon

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
I realized last night that our VP will be in town today for some type of event, I'm not sure if it's a fundraiser or just an opportunity to say a few words that later need clarification.;)
Anyway I was planning on flying VFR from FTY to AHN and back, it's about 60 miles each way, but the TFR is pretty much across the VFR corridor north of ATL. Since this is my first actual encounter with a real live TFR, I filed IFR both ways, figuring ATC will keep me clear. Is that pretty much all I need to do? Other than not make political comments on the radio during the flight? :rolleyes:

Since this is my first actual encounter with a real live TFR, I filed IFR both ways, figuring ATC will keep me clear. Is that pretty much all I need to do? Other than not make political comments on the radio during the flight? :rolleyes:

That's pretty much what I did when the Obamation spent the night in Ft. Collins trying to obtain campaign funding...

Denver approach was even more restrictive than the TFR but I may have ****ed them off by departing 26 at FTG.

I looked at flying VFR and avoiding the area to the North, but figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'd hate to miss dinner with my kids and watching a UGA girls basketball game because I flew 500 feet too far to the East. ;)

I realized last night that our VP will be in town today for some type of event, I'm not sure if it's a fundraiser or just an opportunity to say a few words that later need clarification.;)
Anyway I was planning on flying VFR from FTY to AHN and back, it's about 60 miles each way, but the TFR is pretty much across the VFR corridor north of ATL. Since this is my first actual encounter with a real live TFR, I filed IFR both ways, figuring ATC will keep me clear. Is that pretty much all I need to do? Other than not make political comments on the radio during the flight? :rolleyes:

Uncle Joe's there to drop his usual F-bomb. :yes:

Are you kidding ,he's there to pick up the money.

Was supposed to "joy ride" out of PDK today with a friend and the TFR really mucked up those plans...worse comes to worse you could just head north and turn east somewhere around Dobbins - shouldn't take too long in that twin of yours right :)

Was supposed to "joy ride" out of PDK today with a friend and the TFR really mucked up those plans...worse comes to worse you could just head north and turn east somewhere around Dobbins - shouldn't take too long in that twin of yours right :)

I was flying the 182, but I went IFR and it was no issue at all, flew 060 out of FTY for 5-6 miles climbing at 1000 FPM, just me and 30 gallons of fuel. When I got to 4000 they cleared me direct AHN.:D Flew home VFR at 10:00 last night, beautiful night, 15 knot headwind, but a great flight and we got to see our first college basketball game! Our son's freind plays for Mercer, UGA beat them up pretty bad, but she scored 15 out of their 41 points! :D Great kid! :yes:

The VP's TFR is simply 'talk to ATC with a squawk' VFR - its only 3 miles radius and only goes to 3000msl. You can go over it - you can even through it if necessary.

He is the spare, not the heir. All you need to do is follow the instructions. Its dead simple. ATC will contact the DEN and coordinate your arrival VFR to an airport inside the TFR - otherwise just go around - its only 6nm wide.

Last edited:
That's pretty much what I did when the Obamation spent the night in Ft. Collins trying to obtain campaign funding...

Denver approach was even more restrictive than the TFR but I may have ****ed them off by departing 26 at FTG.

Trying? That was a $15K a plate dinner. Way outta my league. ;)

This forum needs a place to post political rhetoric. The guy just wanted to know how to deal with a TFR.

This forum needs a place to post political rhetoric. The guy just wanted to know how to deal with a TFR.

And he got the answer. And people continued about their lives and had a thing called a conversation.

Oh, and you're really good at being holier-than-thou. But you're wrong.

There's nothing political about saying politicians raise funds. They all do it.

There's nothing political about saying that it's bloody expensive to play, either. That's always true.

It's not even political to say we wish whatever POTUS is in office, should not have a giant moving ring o' aviation regulatory death, following them around.

It *would* be political if either Clark or I had said we either like or don't like the guy. We didn't. Not in this thread anyway.

You may have decided it was, because you've seen SZ threads.

But if you only read the exact words in this thread and leave other threads out of it, nothing disparaging was said other than that I'm too poor to participate in Presidential fundraisers. Which is true no matter what person is in the office. And even that only disparages me if you don't like middle class folk.

Nothing political was said. Read carefully.

Fighting the TFR is TFR (Totally Futile Resistance)
Or in the words of the Borg, 'Resistance is futile'
Just file and forget it.

Now the Prez's TFR is a pain in the butt.
And the worst part is that it is completely futile against a determined threat.
I won't enumerate the ways lest I unknowingly impart some knowledge.

Trying? That was a $15K a plate dinner. Way outta my league. ;)

The dinner was just an appetizer, no need to spend the night for that, the real money was whats-her-name-the-doctor's-daughter-who-gives-inordinate-sums and she needed Obamation to spend the night...just what does that mean? ;);):yikes:

Also, "captain" why don't you **** off or go to work for TSA if you want things to happen your way.

Back