First Solo

oregonboy109

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
oregonboy109
So it finally happened tonight! Winds were pretty much right down the runway between 7 and 12 knots and after a few trips around the pattern my instructor got out and out and off I went. In short it was an amazing experience and I even got a compliment from the tower after my last landing!

Attachments

• IMG_20140709_222323.jpg
    IMG_20140709_222323.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 67
Woo-hooo!!

Celebrate smartly for a day or two, then go do it again [supervised sols].

Congratulations! Unfortunately, now you're hooked. ;-) Way to go on the solo, good luck on the cross countries and you'll be scheduling your checkride before you know it!

Congrats! Halfway there! Now the fun stuff, cross countries!

Congratulations my friend..!!! Now go out with your friends, stand proud, stand tall and tell the world that "you have slipped the surely bonds of earth, and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings...." and did it alone.

Congrats! For me after my first solo my CFI said, "did you have fun?" I replied yes, and then he moved on as if it never happened. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Congratulations! It's such a wild feeling to turn downwind (at least that's when the realization hit me) and realize that you've got to land a plane all by yourself. Good job!

Very cool! Congratulations! That is a HUGE accomplishment! You will never forget that moment.

Keep studying and flying! Don't give up!

Congratulations! It's such a wild feeling to turn downwind (at least that's when the realization hit me) and realize that you've got to land a plane all by yourself. Good job!

Too funny! The same thing crossed my mind. Nice feeling when you did it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats! Mine was 9/20/13, and I still vividly remember thinking upon liftoff "Oh $#!T, I can't believe he really got out of the plane!"...

Congrats! Bet it felt pretty awesome to get some kudos from the tower -- that's great! :yes:

Thanks for the kind words all! Next up is a check ride (141) and on to XCs.

Congrats

Its fun to kick the CFI out of the airplane. The airplane flies better without him anyway. :)

Not to hijack the thread, but just a funny anecdote. I can tell you that an airplane taxis better without an instructor, too! I recently hooked up with my former instructor to obtain a Class C endorsement (I'm a sport pilot). I couldn't figure out while trying to leave our parking spot why the plane wasn't budging. Usually I just release the parking brake and off she goes. Then I realized I had an extra 190 pounds in the plane! I had to give her quite a bit of throttle to get her rolling. :D

Way to go!! I definitely didn't get any compliments from the tower on my first solo...I'm surprised they didn't ask how I thought I was going to land from 500' AGL at the threshold...(ok it wasn't quite that bad, but boy was I high!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back