First Solo

lewy15

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
lewy15
Well I went to the airport this morning, finished my pre solo knowledge test and went with my CFI for a lesson. We did some steep turns, power on/off stalls under the hood and then took of the goggles and did some turns around a point while we waited for the airport to open up again as a stunt pilot (Jon Melby) was there practicing his routine for tomorrow's flight breakfast/airshow. Did some touch and goes and then the CFI told me to taxi and he jumped out and said "Do three touch and goes and come back." Well it was only about 70 degrees F and cloudy but I managed to sweet off about five pounds, a little nervous when you have about thirty people watching you. Did the touch and goes and landed and it went pretty well... didn't break anything....yet. Got to talk with the stunt pilot and he said it looked like I did well, or he was just pullin my leg... eitherway, I'm still alive for another solo on monday.

Very cool. Congratulations and welcome to POA! :thumbsup:

Congratulations! It's a whole new ball game now. Although I'm a big believer in not adding more pressure by telling people to watch. The first time I was scheduled to solo turned out to be a day when my CFI wasn't 100% satisfied with my landing work and didn't sign off on it.

Congrats on the solo!! After that big smile :D wears a bit get ready for the cross country fun!!

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats! Only thing sweeter than that first solo is the first solo XC... and the only thing that can top that is passing the check ride.
So... it will only get better, believe it or not!! :D

CONGRADULATIONS!! Every step from here builds on that moment,... now the fun begins with the XC flights! :blueplane:

Congrats to you... It is kinda scary when you look over and no one is sitting in the co pilots seat to fix a bad landing.. :yikes: Ones first solo is a moment that never gets forgotten..

Tailwinds.
Ben.

Well done! For me, the first time I left the nest solo (to an airport <25nm from my home airport) REALLY made me feel like a pilot.

Enjoy the ride!

Congrats to you... It is kinda scary when you look over and no one is sitting in the co pilots seat to fix a bad landing.. :yikes: Ones first solo is a moment that never gets forgotten..

Tailwinds.
Ben.

That is so true... I was departing the airport and looked over and felt really weird without anyone else in the cockpit!

Well I went to the airport this morning, finished my pre solo knowledge test and went with my CFI for a lesson. We did some steep turns, power on/off stalls under the hood and then took of the goggles and did some turns around a point while we waited for the airport to open up again as a stunt pilot (Jon Melby) was there practicing his routine for tomorrow's flight breakfast/airshow. Did some touch and goes and then the CFI told me to taxi and he jumped out and said "Do three touch and goes and come back." Well it was only about 70 degrees F and cloudy but I managed to sweet off about five pounds, a little nervous when you have about thirty people watching you. Did the touch and goes and landed and it went pretty well... didn't break anything....yet. Got to talk with the stunt pilot and he said it looked like I did well, or he was just pullin my leg... eitherway, I'm still alive for another solo on monday.
Good job man!!!!
She climbs a little different when your all alone doesnt she?:smile:

That empty seat sure is weird. You'll get used to it though!!!!!!!

Congrats.

That empty seat sure is weird. You'll get used to it though!!!!!!!

Congrats.
Well, some do I (almost) always have Leslie in that seat (or vice versa). :)

And Welcome, Lewy! Congratulations! Have a good time tomorrow, and may the Weather Gods smile on you! :yes:

Congrats and welcome! Keep us posted on your progress.

Back