First Solo

1anG

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
1anG
Hey guys glad to be part of this great community, just wanted to share my accomplishment and a video. I've been waiting for this day for 5 years due to medical reason but I finally got my medical and this day means so much to me !

Last edited:
Nice! Congrats, it’s an awesome feeling.

Congrats! Its a day that will be seared into your memory... No matter what life ever throws at you you, think back to it... You got in a plane, pegged the throttle and left terra firma and returned safely due only to your skill and ability that you acheived, not many of our brother and sister human beings can say that, but you now can-Pilot! Welcome to the fraternal brother/sisterhood of leaving earths bounds...

Yeah, but was it a *real* first solo video? I mean, all *I* saw was someone who was totally calm and cool and collected, and looked like he knew how to fly a plane like a pro... Only one "wheeeee!"
:) :) :)
Congrats!!!

Thanks guys for all the well wishes, super excited for this journey to finally moving forward.

Congrats! Its a day that will be seared into your memory... No matter what life ever throws at you you, think back to it... You got in a plane, pegged the throttle and left terra firma and returned safely due only to your skill and ability that you acheived, not many of our brother and sister human beings can say that, but you now can-Pilot! Welcome to the fraternal brother/sisterhood of leaving earths bounds...

I can't top that. What he ^^^^^ said. :yesnod:

Congrats! Its a day that will be seared into your memory... No matter what life ever throws at you you, think back to it...

I guess I didn't think back enough. I soloed in my early 20s and now I'm 63 and it ain't 'seared' any more. I barely remember anything about it. But then again there's a lot of stuff I have a hard time remembering now. :D

I guess I didn't think back enough. I soloed in my early 20s and now I'm 63 and it ain't 'seared' any more. I barely remember anything about it. But then again there's a lot of stuff I have a hard time remembering now. :D

I kind of have had two... obviously only one really counts

I can recall the take off and Fred cutting off my shirt tails, stopping afterwards at my dads restaurant. Someone asked him after I left if something was wrong with that guy wearing a shirt with the back cut off...

Then I took a 4 year hiatus about 4.25 years ago, bought a tail wheel in November and had to learn to land anew... grass was easy but pavement was a challenge... but I had that same “os s*** this is really all up to only me” when my TW instructor jumped out...

I kind of have had two... obviously only one really counts

I can recall the take off and Fred cutting off my shirt tails, stopping afterwards at my dads restaurant. Someone asked him after I left if something was wrong with that guy wearing a shirt with the back cut off...

Then I took a 4 year hiatus about 4.25 years ago, bought a tail wheel in November and had to learn to land anew... grass was easy but pavement was a challenge... but I had that same “os s*** this is really all up to only me” when my TW instructor jumped out...

Yeah, I had an 11 year layoff from '06 to '17. I had to 're-solo' again myself. I did a lot of training going for my commercial when I first started flying again in '17, so it was awhile before I 'soloed' again. I felt the same way, even with all that training beforehand. lol.

Back