First Solo Today

ELTsanwich

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Eric
I am a new member here and this is my first flight review!

Went solo today with around 14 hrs under my belt. But before that let's talk about getting my 3rd class...

Had a hard time getting my medical because of my "white coat syndrome." First time I went to the doctor it was 155/96. To high to fly she says. I explained to her that it is only like that in a doctors office. My mother has some heart issues so she has a unit for home use that I use ever once in a while and it is usually 120/80 ish. The cuff's at the supermarkets agree with the at home unit my mom uses so I think it's pretty accurate. The physician said that I could come back in a couple days and try again to see if my blood pressure goes down at all. Two days later I stroll into the doctors office and...149/89. Just low enough lol. So I got my medical!

On to the flight....

The last couple of times in the air I have noticed that the CFI has been on the controls hardly at all. We get in the plane today and says "Do you have your medical?" I said "Yep I'm not so stressed anymore." He said "well let's see how ya do." After 3 take offs and landings one being a simulated engine failure. He looks over and says "Alright I'm hungry drop me off at the hangar." I got a little nervous because I knew what was comming next. He endorses my medical and my log book. I take off and do 3 take off and complete stop landings no problem! Got my shirt cut and logged my first .5 hours as PIC.

Congratulations, Eric! On both the medical and the solo!

(Feels good, doesn't it? :yes:)

Congrats Eric! Keep us updated on your next lessons and solo flights!:thumbsup:

Congrats!! It must feel good to solo.
I'm a 14.3hr Student Pilot Coming up on my First Solo. Boy I can't wait!!

Bravo Zulu!

Keep us posted on your progress.

Good work. Keep on going and keep us updated.

Congrats!:cheerswine:

Last edited:
Back