First solo this morning

1200AGL

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Paul
My CFI was gracious enough to film some of my first pattern solo this morning, and I thought I'd share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Li7yzVDmc

It was a beautiful day at Manassas airport (KHEF): ~5 sm visibility is the best I've had in a while. There is plenty to criticize as those certainly weren't my best landings, but so it goes. It was a wild feeling when the mains left the runway and I looked over and there was no one in the right seat. I noticed that the airplane climbs a lot faster flying solo...

Paul I'd say you did pretty darn well for your first solo! congrats! Its a day you will never forget.

Nice job. Plane looks reusable.

And dang it, Adam stole my line. It is indeed a day you'll always remember.

All,

Thanks for the encouragement.

Having read this post, I considered adding a Kenny Loggins audio track but thought better of it. Speaking of which, this dude's solo video showed up in the related sidebar and I don't think anything can compare with it.

Cheers,
Paul

Dang, I'd give anything to have a YouTube video of my first solo. How cool is THAT going to be in years to come?

Sadly, "YouTube" wasn't invented yet, and all I've got is my shirt tail with my CFI's comments, and his signature. (I hope they still do THAT when you solo!)

Great job! Now, whatever you do, don't quit -- keep pushing until you get that little certificate in your wallet!

Congrats!
Too bad there's no video of my first solo landings.
...or maybe it's a good thing. :D

Back