First solo on Sunday

FLYGUYRY

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan_M
On top of the world! Definitely one of the best experiences I've had thus far in my 32 years of being alive. Super excited to start practicing on my own now. I know it doesn't matter but since someone will probably ask it was at 15 hours at a relatively busy class D airport, flying once a week with a few weeks missing due to weather.

e0dDFCa.jpg

Last edited:
Great job! The solo is such an incredibly rewarding experience, now full speed ahead!

Awesome! It keeps getting better from here.

For someone with three hours and a similar schedule...was wondering. Did you feel ready for solo? Things seem to move along more quickly than I had thought before I started.

Congratulations! I bet it felt wonderful !

Congratulations!!! You will remember this day and feeling for the rest of your life...:yes:

Good job! Keep it up.

Congrats mon! Now onto logging PIC time!

For someone with three hours and a similar schedule...was wondering. Did you feel ready for solo? Things seem to move along more quickly than I had thought before I started.

Congratulations! I bet it felt wonderful !

I'm not sure if anyone truly feels "ready", I definitely felt confident but the thought of engine failure on takeoff (and not many options to set her down), all hell breaking loose in the pattern, or a sudden large pickup of wind certainly scared me, but honestly once I started taxiing for takeoff I just focused on doing my thing and after the first touch and go I tried to just enjoy myself. It is definitely a confidence booster!

At three hours (at least for me anyways) I didn't think I'd be able to solo anytime soon but you will be surprised how quickly things start coming to you. Good luck with your training!

I'm not sure if anyone truly feels "ready", I definitely felt confident but the thought of engine failure on takeoff (and not many options to set her down), all hell breaking loose in the pattern, or a sudden large pickup of wind certainly scared me, but honestly once I started taxiing for takeoff I just focused on doing my thing and after the first touch and go I tried to just enjoy myself. It is definitely a confidence booster!

At three hours (at least for me anyways) I didn't think I'd be able to solo anytime soon but you will be surprised how quickly things start coming to you. Good luck with your training!

Thanks, that was exactly what I was wondering about. I've only got three, but fifteen doesn't "seem" like a whole lot more, yet...

You answered perfectly, that you were confident (but of course, nervous too, it's the confidence I need to get too) was the key.

Thanks for the reply.

Back