First solo in the books...very cool!

Hobobiker

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hobo
I'll post in the thread I'm using to track my progress, but thought this one warranted a separate post if only cause I'm pretty pumped! Just got my class III today, and went into my lesson with 8.2 hours in the logbook. Crosswinds were about 7, and my CFI and I did four landings, the last two of which he completely removed his headphones and didn't say a word. I was habitually coming in high tonight, but he let me figure things out and never touched the controls. Then after a landing he said 'ok, want to solo? If so, pull up there and let me out...' Three takeoffs and landings later my solo is history, my shirt tails are cut off, and he caught everything on video through his iPad.

Needless to say, the smile hasn't left my face! Thanks for the guidance and advice everyone!

First solo is a milestone you'll never forget, at least that's what I'm told.
(I haven't soloed yet :D) Congratulations!

Thank your instructor for having taken that video - surely your first solo is chiseled in your head for like ever, but having the video is great! (I occasionally watch the in-cockpit video of my first solo flight I now I realize how freaked out I was).

I read your training thread and got the impression you were progressing really well, but soloing at 8 hrs is like whooa!

Congratulations and great job!!

Congrats on the solo! Reading about yours got me thinking about mine. I went and pulled up the video last night and watched it.

I remember just about every minute of it including my extended float on the first landing. I imagine a year or ten from now, you'll still remember your's like you flew it yesterday.

Good luck with the rest of the training!

Be safe and have fun!

Awesome. Congrats. I remember on my initial solo how light the airplane felt. Like it was a fighter or something.:rolleyes: haha Ok now time to keep pressing on.:thumbsup:

Awesome. Congrats. I remember on my initial solo how light the airplane felt. Like it was a fighter or something.:rolleyes: haha Ok now time to keep pressing on.:thumbsup:

I weigh in around 260 and my instructor about 100lbs soaking wet, so I didn't notice as much of a difference... LOL :lol:

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 44
You can sure feel the difference in C152 when the right seat is empty lol

Congrats!!!!!!! I remember mine..... July 3, 1991...... I will never forget it.... And that smile will fade away in 50 or 60 years..... Be patient..

First time you are pilot in command.

I still remember my instructor getting out and about the time I turned crosswind the tower calling me and asking if it didn't fly a whole lot better without that fat guy in the right seat.

You will forget many people in your life who were there for milestones...but you will NEVER forget who soloed you.

Congratulations!

You will forget many people in your life who were there for milestones...but you will NEVER forget who soloed you.

Congratulations!

I absolutely believe you Kevin. He's become a friend as well, but doesn't ever let me get away with slipping up in the pilot's seat (forgetting a gumpss check, etc.). Guess that means he's a good instructor AND a good friend...

Back