First real go around yesterday

I don't know, my ICOM doesn't require any of that though.

Then you've never tried using a radio in an aircraft that has an unshielded ignition system...

-VanDy

They're $200....

Ok...buy one for me since you think they are so affordable and absolutely necessary.

What I don't understand is why you are so unwilling to acknowledge there are times and places were no radio ops are not inherently unsafe and also recognize that radios are not some magical device that makes everything safer. It is a tool. A tool that when used properly at the right times is an amazing benefit to safety. And It is a tool that is not ALWAYS necessary. Your statements of broad and absolute fact about radios, their use and the way you describe people that may not always use one is in my opinion offensive and close minded.

Let me know if you want my address to mail that radio to me.

Thanks,

Ok...buy one for me since you think they are so affordable and absolutely necessary.

What I don't understand is why you are so unwilling to acknowledge there are times and places were no radio ops are not inherently unsafe and also recognize that radios are not some magical device that makes everything safer. It is a tool. A tool that when used properly at the right times is an amazing benefit to safety. And It is a tool that is not ALWAYS necessary. Your statements of broad and absolute fact about radios, their use and the way you describe people that may not always use one is in my opinion offensive and close minded.

Let me know if you want my address to mail that radio to me.

Thanks,

I understand flying budgets. If you bat an eye at $200 for something that, as you put it, is "A tool that when used properly at the right times is an amazing benefit to safety." You might want to consider cross stitching, being cheap in aviation can kill you. The times like the OP is talking about when I'm going around and dodging you are those special moments when you need one. Get one. Read back through the thread and read the Johnson creek thread. At the very least a lot of people think you're being inconsiderate, you can tell yourself they're all wrong if you want to. Explain it to the folks who smashed into each other in Idaho how legal it is.

Thanks, different strokes for different folks I guess. I've only been riding in this exact airplane since 1986, flying it myself since 1999, and have been in 40 states in it. So I guess I must be incredibly lucky too. :mad2:

Airventure even makes accommodations for aircraft operating with no radios, so they must see them as a viable enough group.

But I digress, you are scared to do it, so nobody else can either. I get it and really, I am sorry that you are missing out an entirely different kind of flying that can be quite fun.

Sounds incredibly dumb,

Thanks, different strokes for different folks I guess. I've only been riding in this exact airplane since 1986, flying it myself since 1999, and have been in 40 states in it. So I guess I must be incredibly lucky too. :mad2:

Airventure even makes accommodations for aircraft operating with no radios, so they must see them as a viable enough group.

But I digress, you are scared to do it, so nobody else can either. I get it and really, I am sorry that you are missing out an entirely different kind of flying that can be quite fun.

I'm not scared to do it, I'm just not hearing a good reason too.

I'm not scared to do it, I'm just not hearing a good reason too.

There are a lot of things we do that there isn't a 'good' reason to justify it by.

-VanDy

Back