First Post?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
From the New Posts page, I cannot find out how to go directly to the first post in a thread.
Clicking the arrow to the left does not do it (that takes me to the last read post)
Clicking the title of the thread does not do it (it also takes me to the last read post for some reason)
I think the old POA would take you to first post in the thread by clicking the title.
Will await the simple answer which will confirm my stupidity; sorry.

I feel like clicking the thread title DOES take u to the first post, no? I just tested several and it did on all, both threads I've read and one's I haven't.

Only if you have never posted in a thread.
For eg, I clicked on First Post thread (this thread) and it took me to your post.
Not a huge problem. However if it is a multipage thread, I have to do some clicking to get to the very first post.

hhmm. so if you and I both posted, this thread shouldn't show up on the 'new posts' page. it did before I read/posted in it, after that it goes to 'recent posts' (which is kind of goofy if you ask me). when I went to 'recent posts' and clicked on the thread title it brought me to the first post. but now that I click a few others, it seems a little inconsistent, most it takes me to the first post, others to what it thinks is the first unread post. weird.

From the "New Posts" page, clicking on the thread name will take you to the first unread post, which is the same behavior as on the old board.

From the "Recent Posts" page, clicking on a blue thread will take you to the first post. Clicking on a red thread will take you to the first unread post.

Blue threads are those which you have read completely.

Red threads still have unread posts.

Back