First post on this board

Bayou Boy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bayou Boy
I attempted to make a post to a thread last night which would have been my first post. I got a message telling me that it had to be approved by a mod before posting. Does that happen every time or is it just the first post that I make to be sure I'm not a spammer?

Howdy, neighbor.

We have to have mod approval to ensure you're a person, instead of an advertising bot.

Now, tell us some tales!

We have to have mod approval to ensure you're a person, instead of an advertising bot.
Spike, I am glad POA keeps the bots at bay. But I am curious.... how many botposts does POA get a day or week or whatever the relevant length of time is?

-Skip

Thanks for the welcome. I lurked a lot a year or so ago but was reintroduced by Dr. Bruce last night from the red board.

I shot an email via the contact us link at the bottom of e page early this morning and just tried to post the same thing from last night and still no luck.

Frustrating trying to help someone out on the maintenance forum with a link to an autopilot manual and the board won't let you post.

I wonder how many new members you lose from frustration never to return with that policy?

Thanks for the welcome. I lurked a lot a year or so ago but was reintroduced by Dr. Bruce last night from the red board.

I shot an email via the contact us link at the bottom of e page early this morning and just tried to post the same thing from last night and still no luck.

Frustrating trying to help someone out on the maintenance forum with a link to an autopilot manual and the board won't let you post.

I wonder how many new members you lose from frustration never to return with that policy?

Looks like yer doing fine now.......

This is the only web board that I have been on that my e-mall address has not been given out to spammers.

Spike, I am glad POA keeps the bots at bay. But I am curious.... how many botposts does POA get a day or week or whatever the relevant length of time is?

-Skip

Skip:

I am not the best one to ask, but I know that before we implemented the modified registration procedures, we had a crap-ton of them... like, dozens in a day.

Looks like yer doing fine now.......

This is the only web board that I have been on that my e-mall address has not been given out to spammers.

Nope. I can only post in this forum. I'm trying to post in the thread on testing the piper autopilot in the maintenance forum and keep getting a message that my post has to be approved by a moderator.

Lemme see about this. Hold my beer...

Skip:

I am not the best one to ask, but I know that before we implemented the modified registration procedures, we had a crap-ton of them... like, dozens in a day.

Skip were not really sure Spike is human. Anyway welcome to POA we'll get your posting problem worked out shortly!

You show as a registered user, but the posts were indeed in the moderate queue. It was not obvious until you said something. I approved them.

The reason is that you included links in the posts. Until you reach a certain number of posts, posting links will require that those posts be moderated. Yet another unfortunate result of the spam aholes.

If you have further problems, post back here & I'll check further into it.

Last edited:
Thanks bill. Mind PMing me what that threshold is for posting links so I don't keep bothering you.

Back