First part of practicle Passed

gitmo234

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
gitmo234
I finally got the time/weather together for the practical this week.

Because of my personal time, I broke it in half, did the Oral exam tonight and passed.

Tomorrow at 9am I'm supposed to take my checkride. There's a hang up.

After take off from KILG, within the baltimore 30 mile veil, once I was about 1000 feet up, they let me know they only had "primary indicator" showing up, no altitude. I also noticed that my airspeed indicator didnt come up much from climb speed.

I got to my home airport, circled above the pattern and called philly approach and asked if they could pick me up. They said "I got you circling the airfield but nothing on transponder or altitude".

I reset it a few times, the test light was working...nothing.

Then came into land and really noticed the airspeed indicator was off. I was registering very low, below stall speeds at round out. Landed safely.

I have one of those weird, thin, bendable pitot tubes. Got a flash light to see down further if I could and saw some traces of water that I tried to get with a q-tip and some small fabric.

So unless the avionics guys can meet me early and check the ASI, and fiddle with the transponder within an hour, I may be asking to meet outside the Philadelphia veil, if the ASI is operating normal.

So, once I finally get here, I may be grounded for a few days. Sad thing is that I leave for colorado in a few days and will be gone for a few months

Back