First lesson?!

BigAL

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BigAL
Well, we got the coupe home(Thur.) w/it being my first "somewhat" lesson. CFI could do it in the morn, I could wait to cut wheat and spray so we went. The plane was only 30 mi. from home but I wanted it in the hanger here. So we are in the plane.......I was so f'n nervous I had a hard time plug'n in my headset! Then we realize that only left seat has brakes......I knew we were gonna die.:yikes: To add to it, 13-22kt cross wind.........anything else........oh yea........light showers.

Taxi'n ........hate it!

Take off wasn't too bad cause the cross wind kinda helped......so said CFI. So I flew it back, did that when I was a kid w/dad......boring........but still shake'n. Get it back and, thank God, he said he'd land it cause of the cross wind.........but I had to know when to brake.....not that we really needed them(but I didn't know that at 100').

We get down, I taxi back(use'n the "snake" method:redface:) and getting close to the pumps.......I said "you'd better take it, I'm nervous".

Hope you can laugh.......I did after I put the plane up, went to the liquor store(10am), and hit the dirt roads w/a beer.

I HAVE GOT TO RELAX!!! Had a lesson set up the next day, but the wheat was dry and I had to get the crop in..........then spray. Crop is in, out of chemical for spray'n.....and it's a holiday so no lesson. Did find out the skyhawk is "down" so I might get a few lessons in this week.

Anyway......I'm done shake'n now........thanks to the cold beer.

If ya got a problem w/that, say it. Don't tuck "it" between your legs and walk off.:rofl: I have no problem w/people criticise'n me on what I do. I like your posts and I respect you, I'm new. I just ask for a bit more than a "sigh...". Thats weak, I know you can do better.:D I'm light and open, I have noth'n to hide and joke all the time. IF I stick around you can expect more joke'n and mess'n round.:D

If ya got a problem w/that, say it. Don't tuck "it" between your legs and walk off.:rofl: I have no problem w/people criticise'n me on what I do. I like your posts and I respect you, I'm new. I just ask for a bit more than a "sigh...". Thats weak, I know you can do better.:D I'm light and open, I have noth'n to hide and joke all the time. IF I stick around you can expect more joke'n and mess'n round.:D
Okay -- If you can't understand why drinking and driving is a bad idea then you probably shouldn't be flying airplanes. Is that what you wanted to hear?

So you know, a DUI must be disclosed to the FAA and almost always results in certificate action.

Hmmm.... I didn't read it as he hit the dirt roads with an "open" beer, but that may be what BigAL meant. In which case I agree with Jesse and Jason. I just found the writing style with all the periods very distracting. (I was going to say ellipses, but they really aren't.)

Okay -- If you can't understand why drinking and driving is a bad idea then you probably shouldn't be flying airplanes. Is that what you wanted to hear?

I need to watch how I joke around till people get to know me better. I also need to read posts better. Sorry for any problems.:redface:

it's good to hear that it was a joke. And congrats on your lesson! There's nothing quite like it.

Ok, back w/time. Yep, I am sorry. Stupid joke on a stupid subject. Also, I live in the country and farm so back roads are a norm for me. Once people get to know me it'll be a joke.

Alright, enough w/this, back to business.

later all.

Back