First glider flights in more than a year!

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
Yay!! A whopping 0.7 hours, over two flights . . . no lift to be found, alas :(. But did figure out how to stay behind the towplane... (did have to offer an apology for the first 500' or so of that learning experience, though!)

good work tom! flying the tow is probably the toughest part. everything else is pretty much like flying an airplane, control wise. But man that towing stuff is just weird. Too bad no lift for you, keep it up though!

tonycondon said:
good work tom! flying the tow is probably the toughest part. everything else is pretty much like flying an airplane, control wise. But man that towing stuff is just weird. Too bad no lift for you, keep it up though!
Yeah, I was whupped by the time we got to 3200'! And next time I'll be on the controls for the take-off . . . oh lord, I see another apology comin' down the pike! :redface:

Have fun Tom. There are only two things your CFIG will say to you during the tow, especially the initial take off.

1 "Good Job"
2 "Ive got it"

:)

etsisk said:
no lift to be found, alas

Come out to SoCal right now. You have to work to get the glider back on the ground. Or fly until the sun goes down. And I just fly crappy old 2-33's.

oh yeah i have seen them out there. gliding sounds like lots of fun. maybe one day i will see you out there when i fly in there.

Back