First flight on another planet made by a helicopter...

small steps...

pardon me for looking forward to when men fly in a helicopter or aircraft on another planet.

An amazing achievement, even if baby steps. More to come, hopefully...

In 118 yrs we've gone from first powered flight on this planet to first powered flight on another planet (although 'first manned' to 'first unmanned').

Pretty cool.

My grandmother was born in 1903 and lived 104 years. She was alive from first flight to Apollo to shuttle and rovers, and many other 'firsts'.

Same here, except Gram "only" made it to 101. She outlived 2 husbands and 3 of her 4 kids.
From going to school on horseback to traveling the world on state of the art jets.
One heck of a ride.

In 118 yrs we've gone from first powered flight on this planet to first powered flight on another planet (although 'first manned' to 'first unmanned').

Pretty cool.

Pretty cool, indeed

Though I’d give credit for first powered flights on another planet to the Apollo LEMs. Manned flights, too!

Pretty cool, indeed

Though I’d give credit for first powered flights on another planet to the Apollo LEMs. Manned flights, too!

Well, not technically a planet. And it was more of an explosion in the correct direction. But, yeah, it was manned and controlled flight, and it was very cool!

A helicopter buzzing around on another planet, with a piece of the Wright Flyer,... 'merica!

Smithsonian article this - https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...istoric-test-flight-another-planet-180977538/

This sort of achievement makes me realize again what an incredibly clever species humans are.

From Ayn Rand's "Apollo 11" -

"That we had seen a demonstration of man at his best, no one could doubt — this was the cause of the event’s attraction and of the stunned, numbed state in which it left us. And no one could doubt that we had seen an achievement of man in his capacity as a rational being — an achievement of reason, of logic, of mathematics, of total dedication to the absolutism of reality."

Last edited:
Back