First day of work commences in 1:10:00

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Ok - I am 1 hour and 10 minutes to the second away from my first day of work at T-Mobile. Yay.

Maybe now I'll stop being so cranky since I'll be a contributing member of society again!

You've been at work for 0:39 now. I wonder how it's going?!

:cheerswine:

About time you bum. J/K. Great to hear you found something.
Hope all is going well on the 1st day.

Mark B

Well, he's been at it for most of his shift and I still have uninterrupted service with T-Mobile. :D

It wasn't bad, it really wasn't. Spend the day doing the normal first day of call center thing: Brainwashing, followed by a healthy dose of paperwork, then some more brainwashing. I have to say, T-Mobile seems to actually have their goals focused in the right place (Comcast, I'm looking at you).

Best part: Overtime is purely voluntary. When I asked about the possibility of mandatory overtime the HR lady said "Mandatory? Why would we require overtime, most people volunteer for it?!?" I tried to tell Comcast the same thing would happen if they switched models.....

Decent benefits, decent pay (lot more than I've made recently), and cheap cellphone service tops it off. I can't really complain.

And no, I don't fall for "Call Center Brainwashing" anymore, I've been through it enough times. I can honestly say the above with true feeling. T-Mobile is 100% focused on the front-line employees, which in turn makes the company truly interested in the customers. That's where Comcast (and most other call centers) have it wrong. I've never seen another company with a focus on front line employees in the company-wide value statement.

It wasn't bad, it really wasn't. Spend the day doing the normal first day of call center thing: Brainwashing, followed by a healthy dose of paperwork, then some more brainwashing. I have to say, T-Mobile seems to actually have their goals focused in the right place (Comcast, I'm looking at you).

Best part: Overtime is purely voluntary. When I asked about the possibility of mandatory overtime the HR lady said "Mandatory? Why would we require overtime, most people volunteer for it?!?" I tried to tell Comcast the same thing would happen if they switched models.....

Decent benefits, decent pay (lot more than I've made recently), and cheap cellphone service tops it off. I can't really complain.

And no, I don't fall for "Call Center Brainwashing" anymore, I've been through it enough times. I can honestly say the above with true feeling. T-Mobile is 100% focused on the front-line employees, which in turn makes the company truly interested in the customers. That's where Comcast (and most other call centers) have it wrong. I've never seen another company with a focus on front line employees in the company-wide value statement.

Gald to hear that. I was always of the opinion that T-Mobile was much more consumer-focused, now I know why....

Glad the first day went well! Hope the rest follow. Congrats!

Ok - I am 1 hour and 10 minutes to the second away from my first day of work at T-Mobile. Yay.

Maybe now I'll stop being so cranky since I'll be a contributing member of society again!

Maybe? MAYBE? :D :goofy:

Hell is getting cool enough with Chip saying he might get an iPhone! :p

Congrats, Nick. May the new job be enjoyable and rewarding.

My last day of work is today. They're paying me until the end of the month too..Good deal.

I am so tempted to fly to OSH...Anyone interested?

Heck I'd go with ya to osh, to bad I'm in the central half of the states.

Happy to hear about your new job nick. They say usualy when you change jobs, its to a better one. So maybe in a sense, moving up the corporate ladder? Good Luck to ya, rub off on Verizon with their weird between-towers = no signal policy.

Back