First Data

poadeleted21

Touchdown! Greaser!
Just a warning, this company is driving my family NUTS. My father passed away suddenly on 8/1. He owned a business, and for processing credit cards he used a company called "First Data". My mother, sister and myself didn't know much about the inner workings of the company (I used to, but haven't been involved in 10 years or so). So anyway, we hired a lawyer to handle, it. Watching the bank account, there seems to be a recurring charge to "First Data" We finally figure out it's the credit card machine and from my experience in the industry, the charge is astronomical and the business is currently closed anyway so we call and cancel it. End of story right? Wrong. They start sending letters "demanding payment" for what? $2,500 bucks as an "early termination fee". Having no idea what my father may or may not have agreed to or what the terms of service were, we really didn't know. We took it to the lawyer we retained and he was working on figuring out what was signed and what wasn't. They hit our account for 2,500 bucks without warning (Which was more than was in the account, since we moved most of the money, they cleaned it out nonetheless). The bank is working on reversing it and the lawyer is working on it too, but just a warning, they seem to be a HUGE corporation that was recently bought out with no shortage of dissatisfied customers. I figure some of you guys are using them too, I would re-evaluate your businesses relationship with them. They are sleazy.

one of the first Google results I found on them is here

http://www.cardpaymentoptions.com/credit-card-processors/first-data-review-complaints-and-rating/ (read the numerous reviews, you'll get the point)

Last edited:
I used to use First Data for CC transactions, but left them as soon as the period requiring an early termination fee was up.

Switched to Central Payment, and have been very happy with them. Recently left the business that was accepting credit cards, and my early termination fee with them was $375.

Probably a good thing you now have an attorney involved. I wish you well.

Back