First Cougar ride

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
I went to Baraboo for the Tailwind/Cougar gathering on Sat and got a ride in a Cougar like the one that I am redoing. Not showing off, he accelerated to 80 for liftoff kept in ground effect till 135 or so then straight up or so it seemed 3500 fpm keeping the airspeed at 135 mph. It was an amazing plane, tight and smooth. We did a 90 deg turn without trying and the plane actually climbed while in it, rolled right back out no problem.

Dan

I went to Baraboo for the Tailwind/Cougar gathering on Sat and got a ride in a Cougar like the one that I am redoing. Not showing off, he accelerated to 80 for liftoff kept in ground effect till 135 or so then straight up or so it seemed 3500 fpm keeping the airspeed at 135 mph. It was an amazing plane, tight and smooth. We did a 90 deg turn without trying and the plane actually climbed while in it, rolled right back out no problem.

Dan

So I'm assuming this isn't the Grumman GA-7 Cougar... What is it?

I was thinking of this when I took a closer look at a very nice Cougar at Airventure... looks like great design.

I was thinking of this when I took a closer look at a very nice Cougar at Airventure... looks like great design.

If it was red and white it was the one.

By the way Red came in second in a tailwind in the cup race. these planes are very fast and efficient.

Dan

Back