First class medical with misdemeanors

Tyrell Cunningham

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Captainfit
Hi all, I am 25 years old. I am married with no kids currently. Currently work in a high paced car business. I am switching careers.. I am enrolling in a Flight School around August of this year. I have been knocking out some things I need to do before hand like the First Class Physical, written exams, and student loans. I have passed my health part of my FAA Physical (Failed the Ishihara, passed the Farnsworth Lantern). I did list on the Physical that I had been arrested once before on a Summer Break trip in Florida (PCB) back in 2012, I had just turned 19 years old. I have two misdemeanors, one being disorderly Conduct, and resistance of arrest without violence. Which both happened at once. These two are my only offenses with the law. With that being said that delayed my First Class Medical. My AME has been super helpful, he has told me that the FAA will review it, and likely ask for a letter. What can I expect from here.

Thanks in advance

Relax, it will not be a big issue. Just out of interest, why did you apply for a first class medical as a student?

Relax, it will not be a big issue. Just out of interest, why did you apply for a first class medical as a student?
Ahh very good, I got the First Class Physical because the School I will be attending asked for the First Class. I think they want to be sure all your bugs are worked out.

They will ask for a personal statement, DMV record, copies of the offense records (to be sure no alcohol was involved...that it was not an alcohol plead down....), we’ll Need to get your FAA med rec just in case they demand the psychiatrist etc.....(the record is made of “slow-obtainium”...) but we won’t know until we have the court papers.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back