First airsick passenger...ugh

ScottK

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ScottK
I figure a lot of pilots have probably had to deal with this, but damn...so nasty.

Unlike an adult who can tell you they feel sick, my 5 yr old just sat there until it was too late. I had sick bags in the plane, but she never had any problem before, so I didn't pull them out.

Anybody have any kind of treatment for getting puke smell out of the seat belt straps? I used everything I could think of, but no luck.

I figure a lot of pilots have probably had to deal with this, but damn...so nasty.

Unlike an adult who can tell you they feel sick, my 5 yr old just sat there until it was too late. I had sick bags in the plane, but she never had any problem before, so I didn't pull them out.

Anybody have any kind of treatment for getting puke smell out of the seat belt straps? I used everything I could think of, but no luck.

Oh god, I'm so sorry. I had my 8 yo son vomit in my plane, but he gave me enough warning to land, and when we took off again he held the trash bag at the ready when it finally happened (there's a recent thread I posted about the incident).

I carry small bottles of soda water to clean almost anything that is soiled.

Soda water and baking soda work well.

Don't worry - it happens. I had a kid about that age throw up all over the Aztec's panel. It's nasty to clean up but it will go away.

Try an enzyme spray, available at pet shops.

Worse comes to worst, you can always replace the straps (at least THEY are cheap)

Thanks for the tips.

And I did consider just replacing the straps if I can't get the smell out.

Next time you fly commercial - take the barf bags . . . I have barf bags in the back of every seat along with in the front pockets- and it is part of the passenger brief.

Next time you fly commercial - take the barf bags . . . I have barf bags in the back of every seat along with in the front pockets- and it is part of the passenger brief.

... and yet twice now I've had a kid with the bag open and in hand, but not able to position the bag to capture ANY of the projectile mess they made.

:(

Back