First aerobatic ride!

merlin3

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Justin
Well i went and did my first aerobatic ride about two weeks ago and im hooked! My wife bought me a gift certificate for a ride for Christmas and i finally had time to go do it. It was in a citabria and the instructor let me fly about 90% of the time. He would demo a manuever then let me try it a few times. I got to do loops, hammerheads, cuban eight and rolls. I think i want to start doing some lessons now but if anyone is in the area and has room for me to go up with them i would love it. Btw this was typed on my tablet so i know grammar is horrible.

Well i went and did my first aerobatic ride about two weeks ago and im hooked! My wife bought me a gift certificate for a ride for Christmas and i finally had time to go do it. It was in a citabria and the instructor let me fly about 90% of the time. He would demo a manuever then let me try it a few times. I got to do loops, hammerheads, cuban eight and rolls. I think i want to start doing some lessons now but if anyone is in the area and has room for me to go up with them i would love it. Btw this was typed on my tablet so i know grammar is horrible.

I see you are in Ohio. Where did you go to? I am in Columbus. Always looking for the next big fun.

David

Nice. My first ride in a Decathlon was a disappointment. Guess the fellow was rusty as he seemed afraid of his own airplane and did not let me do anything but fly the straight and level portions out and back. Nor did we do much in the way of acro. Oy.

Nice. My first ride in a Decathlon was a disappointment. Guess the fellow was rusty as he seemed afraid of his own airplane and did not let me do anything but fly the straight and level portions out and back. Nor did we do much in the way of acro. Oy.

Lame. Even non-pilots flew most of the flights on intro aerobatic flights with me. I would demonstrate some of the complex, more advanced maneuvers, but most of the stuff I would just talk the student through.

I went to stewart field in waynesville(40l).its a grass field that they do a lot of tailwheel training out of. Now i just need to save up the money to do their whole aerobatic course.

I went to stewart field in waynesville(40l).its a grass field that they do a lot of tailwheel training out of. Now i just need to save up the money to do their whole aerobatic course.

I have been there but I did not know of aerobatic lessons there.

I shall keep this in mind.

Thanks,

David

Justin, I got a chance to go up in a christian eagle at moraine a few days ago. It was a blast, but after a bunch of rolls it seemed to get real hot in there. :) Good to see stewart is doing that.

That's awesome! I would love to go up in an eagle or pitts sometime. For now i am content with anything with wings.

Justin,
Come on over to I73 some evening, there is usually a person or two hanging around shooting the breeze, and some very cool aircraft on the field as well.

Justin,
Come on over to I73 some evening, there is usually a person or two hanging around shooting the breeze, and some very cool aircraft on the field as well.

So what you are saying is next time I land there don't just taxi back around for blast off?

Yep!! We have a sign up over a man door near the fuel pumps, if its open we are there, or close!!

-VanDy

Back