Firefox 3

I my thought is their plan to have it be the most downloads in 24 hours in history ran into the cold reality of limited server and network capacity.

Started using it a few days ago. So far I like it. I have been a firefox fan for a while now.

Works great, I like the fact that I can save the tabs for later on purpose rather than just force quitting the program. :D

I didn't know it was out of beta. How'd I miss that?!:dunno:

I downloaded it this morning and it seems OK so far.

Big security leak. They're working on it now.

I loaded it.

2 things I don't like

1. My theme is not compatible with FF3
2. I do not like the address bar look ups. I like the old way

I loaded it.

2 things I don't like

Is that with the downloadable theme from Playboy, Penthouse or Playgirl?

:D

So far, so good. The only incompatible 3rd party add-on I miss told me they'd have a FF3 compatible version ready "within a couple hours." :eek:

I loaded it.

2 things I don't like

I agree on "2", it also kept some bookmarks as history in the address bar. Couldn't make them go away. I also thought the icons (and the fact they were all over the address bar) looked "cartooney" to me. But that was a beta, don't know about right now.

On the plus side, it did seem to load fast.

Hmmm. Works for me.

Attachments

• firefox2.jpg
    firefox2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 23
There's an extension called "oldbar" that makes the location bar look (though not act) like the old one. It was one of the first things I installed when I upgraded. After that, and installing a new theme, I don't really have any complaints. Some minor annoyances but I suspect it's just the product of things being different. I do like that it seems snappier, and uses a ton less memory (so far).

I hate it.

I can't stand the way the address bar works now. Flash loads extremely slow for me now and Firefox just isn't as fast as it was before for me.

I hate it.

I can't stand the way the address bar works now. Flash loads extremely slow for me now and Firefox just isn't as fast as it was before for me.

Something's wrong; you should be seeing a substantial increase in speed.

If it were me, I'd consider uninstalling it completely, downloading a new copy and re-installing it fresh.

Something's wrong; you should be seeing a substantial increase in speed.

If it were me, I'd consider uninstalling it completely, downloading a new copy and re-installing it fresh.

Or remove or disable add-ons and re-enable them one at a time to see which is causing trouble.

There's an extension called "oldbar" that makes the location bar look (though not act) like the old one. It was one of the first things I installed when I upgraded.
tried it and got "oldbar cannot be added - not compatible with Firefox 3.0" ?

Or remove or disable add-ons and re-enable them one at a time to see which is causing trouble.

This would be my suggestion.

I just decided to create an entirely new profile and start fresh. I had so many old settings in my config from extensions that I had uninstalled. All that I had to do was export my bookmarks, create a new profile and then import the bookmarks into the new profile. From there I started finding extensions to do the 2 or 3 things that I did with extensions.

Verdict is still out on the address bar. I'm trying to give it a chance.

I don't use addons/extensions. I already downgraded to 2 though.

tried it and got "oldbar cannot be added - not compatible with Firefox 3.0" ?

Get the "Nightly Tester" Add on and after it is installed you can tell it to "Override All Compatibility"

Worked on all my old addons.

I have been running Firefox 3.0 for a while now and have had no problems. The guy who wrote the theme I liked finally came out with an update so I am much happier. But I think that is my biggest gripe about the new version, that some of the older add ons I liked are not ready for FF3. I still have not updated any other computers yet because of that fact. But even so, no technical problems have been noted. I am even getting used to the new address bar.

I have been running Firefox 3.0 for a while now and have had no problems. The guy who wrote the theme I liked finally came out with an update so I am much happier. But I think that is my biggest gripe about the new version, that some of the older add ons I liked are not ready for FF3. I still have not updated any other computers yet because of that fact. But even so, no technical problems have been noted. I am even getting used to the new address bar.

I had a lock-up on Windows. Java again.

Back