For Sale Firefly 7B Hot Air Balloon

Run-Around

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Run-Around
I know this forum is mostly for fixed wing aviation, but if anyone is interested in entering the sport of hot air ballooning, I've got a 1989 TBW / Firefly 7B full system for sale at a low price. 65,000 cubic feet in volume, this balloon will fly 2 people. Low hours... great training system... Briggs & Stratton inflator fan included! Located in NW PA. Email Doug for more info. douglassuhr414@gmail.com

System 1.JPG

Last edited:
What’s a “low price” for a used 2 man balloon? I wouldn’t even know how many digits that would be.

What’s a “low price” for a used 2 man balloon? I wouldn’t even know how many digits that would be.
Yeah, that... I have a couple of extended family members who are balloonists. I wouldn't give up my airplane, but I know my wife would love ballooning.

Is that a wooden prop on the fan?

Well I didn't post price because it is negotiable, but I'm hoping for $5,000.

The envelope on this aircraft is a double-edged sword because it's an advertising envelope with sewn-in letters (not banners that could be removed). The good thing is that because it was used for advertising, it's very low hours. The bad is that it says "Tuchman Cleaners" on both faces so that reduced the value considerably. You could throw a couple of blank banners over the ads in the off-chance you don't own a dry cleaning business named Tuchman Cleaners. I bought this system to learn on, but now fly a new Cameron (my avatar) so this one can go.

Yeah, that... I have a couple of extended family members who are balloonists. I wouldn't give up my airplane, but I know my wife would love ballooning.

Ballooning is definitely fun, but has its drawbacks (like needing perfect weather and a crew of 3-5 people). If you're already a pilot, I believe you don't need to take the written for ballooning. Just log 10 or 15 hours and checkride.

Ballooning is definitely fun, but has its drawbacks (like needing perfect weather and a crew of 3-5 people). If you're already a pilot, I believe you don't need to take the written for ballooning. Just log 10 or 15 hours and checkride.
Yeah... I have crewed before long, long ago. My son is crewing fairly often for a commercial balloon pilot, and my nephew is just about to get his ticket. That is one thing that makes me hesitate, because it's not a spur-of-the-moment thing, you need several other people involved.

Back