Firefighters with Sense of Humor

NordicDave

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
NordicDave
We have a large wildfire near our field between Salinas and Monterey. CDF (California Dept of Forestry) has water bomber and OV-10 Bronco's stationed nearby at KCVH Holister. The OV-10 is plane #460 in the fleet N455DF.

Have a look at their squawk code over the fire:

7630D427-D552-46D6-B35E-31458949D4CA_1_201_a.jpeg

See this: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL460

Last edited:
637325.jpg

Some of the CDF firefighting planes are squawking American Airlines ID's flying around inside the TFR. American Airlines doesn't have any OV-10 Broncos.

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 7.28.08 PM.png

Last edited:
I was wondering why they showed up as American Airlines.

But I think of the squawk code as the transponder code...

Last edited:
Love OV10s.

Even love parachuting out of the tail end of them. Hammerhead!!!

Shuffle shuffle shuffle butt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You thought economy seating was tight? Imagine 228 seats in an OV-10...

Screenshot_20200817-213103_Firefox.jpg

Love OV10s.

Even love parachuting out of the tail end of them. Hammerhead!!!

Shuffle shuffle shuffle butt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watched a YouTube video about the bronco... made me laugh when the pilot said that if you had nervous jumpers, or you need them out right now, you could just pitch up and dump them right out

Probably a,computer or input glitch. Their callsign is Air Attack 460, and probably should be AA460 on the screen.

I remember Airtac being what they were called. They are kinda like an airborne Tower running the show.

Then there's these guys:

twitter-image-drop-in-chile5*1024xx968-545-32-24.jpg

One of my friends who flies that has more hours in that particular airframe than anybody else (he flew it for years when it was an Evergreen freighter).

Probably a,computer or input glitch. Their callsign is Air Attack 460, and probably should be AA460 on the screen.

According to FAAO 7340.2J, their callsign is "CalFire"... ?

My brother asked me about this because he's going to be on an actual American Airlines flight by that number soon... I think it's just FlightAware misinterpreting "AA" as "AAL".

Back