Finishing my PPL

Bucknut5

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bucknut5
Hello all,

I am a student pilot, I have about 53 hours and half finished everything for my private except for the written and the checkride. When I started my training (over 2 years ago) I took a ground school course, and I have flown off and on since. Anyways, because I have taken so long to finish, I feel extremely nervous about testing. I have learned all of the information, but I need to reactivate it in my brain.

Have any of you gotten back into flight training after an absense (or more than one)? I feel comfortable back up in the plane, and I remember a lot of the things that I was taught previously, but I have forgotten a lot of little bits of information that I'm sure I covered at some point. Is there any reference out there as to what exactly the flight examiner is looking for? I was hoping to start with that as a guide to build up my flying knowledge back to where it should be.

Start studying for the written. Then get a recent copy of thePTS and start to study that also. Get with an instructor and get an evaluation flight , to find out where you are.

I feel like a broken record, but I highly recommend the "Private Pilot Checkride" Ipad/Iphone App by ASA. It truly is what helped me prepare the most.

Is there any reference out there as to what exactly the flight examiner is looking for? I was hoping to start with that as a guide to build up my flying knowledge back to where it should be.

Welcome to PoA!!

To directly answer your question, these might fill the need (the photos clickable and are linked to the ASA site)

There are many threads about check ride preparation. I'd encourage you to use the search functions to find them :D

Again, welcome to PoA!

Back