Finished solo XC to KCRE!

Legiox

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
RatherBflying
Man what a flight. I will remember this one more than my first solo. Everything went smooth (thank god) Only thing i can see is i never could get a flight following (traffic was heavy and i guess to busy with IFR traffic).

Anyways left my home airport and the flight took about 1hr 10min. Was incredible seeing the Atlantic Ocean coming up from the horizon and seeing Myrtle beach from the air. Communicating with ATC (class D airspace went great and reading "Say Again" helped ALOT).

Went to the FBO and took about 1 hr break. Let my instructor know i arrived in one piece and took some pictures.

Took off again from KCRE to KISO (Another class D airport near my home airport). Did a full stop there b/c i had to go to the bathroom really bad!! HAHA and to my surprise a Coast Guard C-130 was doing touch and goes there. Incredible to see the C-130 landing, while your waiting on the hold short line.

All in all a flight to remember!! I will be flying to N Myrtle beach more now :)

That sounds like a great time. Flying solo is amazing and I love the serenity up there just you and the airplane! Enjoy your other solo flights- more awesome experiences await! Congrats!

Sounds like the x/c was definitely one that you will never forget. Congrats

Cool, I've flown there a few times on IFR training flights.. might be goin back next weekend for some beach time..

It sounds like you did well and had a great time to boot! Glad to hear that 'say again' was helpful (I will file that away and remember to use it myself).

Here's to many more successful solo flights!

Back