Finished BasicMed

gdwindowpane

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
gdwindowpane
So I finished the BasicMed process today. Printed my online certificate and will keep it along with my BasicMed forms in my log book. Information was submitted to the FAA.

Am I good to go? I need to get some solo hours in preparation for solo cross countries and my class 3 expired 6/30/18. Should I expect any communication from the FAA? My class 3 came with some special issuances, none of which are on the BasicMed no go list.

Pretty good deal if everything is straight. 2 years and retake the course/quiz and 4 years until next full physical.

Based on what you've written, I'm pretty sure you are good to go. Even if you had one of those conditions on the BasicMed no-go list, as long as you had a SI for it, you wouldn't need another SI.

Yes, it is an excellent deal - for those who qualify. :)

Whether you'll get a letter from OKC - no way to predict. But I don't think most people do. I didn't, and I already had 3 SIs and would have needed a 4th to get another 3rd class.

That's good news. I just thought I read somewhere on POA about some getting letters from the FAA with ambiguous statements regarding their eligibility. Oh well I'll keep on training.

Thanks!!!

That's good news. I just thought I read somewhere on POA about some getting letters from the FAA with ambiguous statements regarding their eligibility. Oh well I'll keep on training.

Thanks!!!
I saw that too, and it's why I was a little guarded in my answer. When dealing with the FAA, one can never be 100% sure. But the thing to remember is that with BasicMed, FAA doesn't see the completed checklists - just the name and contact info of the physician who signed you off, and of course your aeromedical course completion certificate. I think that nearly everyone (maybe even everyone) who receives the letter has some administrative issue disqualifying them such as a denial or revocation as their last interaction with FAA medical, or a last medical that expired prior to July 2006. The only other kind of issue that I can think of that might bite some people is a criminal conviction or DUI, something in the records that you give them permission to search.

Cross fingers, forget about it, and keep training! :thumbsup:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back