Fine Flight

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
First flight after three weeks no flying and . . . you wise ones were right--no big whoop. I had thought that after being out of town for a week and a half and then focusing on another concert that I would have lost a lot, but I simply did not lose all that much.

Out and back to Easton. Got into "IMC" very quickly. Lost one of my gyros. Did the ILS Rwy 4 at ESN. Did some unusual attitude recoveries. A couple of VFR landings at my request, back to BWI, VOR Rwy 15L approach (actually given as visual). Just a nice flight, and good to be back in the air.

From now until Mid may, I can take a lesson a week. I'll probably fly three times per month and sim once. Then at the end of May it will be time for THE BIG PUSH!

Well its definite - you're going to beat me. :) I am going to be out of the country for 10 days in May, and out of state for a week in June and again in July. When I resume my IR training I want to do it in a big push, myself, so unless I end up "on the bench" next month (my current contract is coming to a close), I won't have the time to really dedicate to training consistently enough to make up for the upcoming absences.

At this point it looks like late july before I can start it up again. :(

I may have missed something somewhere, but anyone interested in a "big push" should check out the instrument instructor I used a few years ago - Tom Gilmore - at http://www.gilmoreaviation.com. He'll custom design anything from a 10-day course to just a finish up course... HIGHLY recommended...

Greebo said:
Well its definite - you're going to beat me. :) I am going to be out of the country for 10 days in May, and out of state for a week in June and again in July. When I resume my IR training I want to do it in a big push, myself, so unless I end up "on the bench" next month (my current contract is coming to a close), I won't have the time to really dedicate to training consistently enough to make up for the upcoming absences.

At this point it looks like late july before I can start it up again. :(
No worries. Maybe by then my CFI will have bought the 206, and we can go flying in that!

Of course, it occurs to me that, as we established earlier (don't ask me where/when, I just remember stating it...) that you are actually only a figment of my imagination, that means that if we actually meet in person, either one or both of us will cease to exist, or we'll have some kind of wierd "Fight Club" type scenario play out...

Right. I think we'll need to bring our light-sabers, then!

Back