Finding New Airport?

SkyChaser

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
SkyChaser
I'm currently making a temporary move to the south side of Dallas (Waxahachie). I'm not going to be sticking around for long (less than 6 months), so I can't exactly join a club or anything, but I'd like to do some flying if possible. Does anyone have local knowledge of rental planes or area airports? I'm going to take a look at some of them when I get a free weekend or day, but any advance knowledge would be helpful! I'd really prefer a smaller airport that'd be similar to a little Midwestern out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere airport, but that's probably asking a bit much. ;)

I'm currently making a temporary move to the south side of Dallas (Waxahachie).

At least you spelled the name of the town correctly.

Sorta reminds me of an old joke.

Seems these 2 yankees were drivin' through Texas when they saw a sign tellin' them how far it is to the next town. They started arguing on the pronunciation. One was callin' it WAXahachie and the other was sayin' waxiHAchie. This continued fer several minutes when one said, ''Let's stop at the first place in town and ask the correct pronunciation.'' They agreed.

Well, they saw the first place in the city limits and pulled in. They ran inside, and the first person they saw was a cashier, a teenage Texas girl, blue eyed, blond and all. So they asked her, ''Can you slowly pronounce the correct way to say the name of this place?''

''Why shore thang, honey. It's called D-a-i-r-y Q-u-e-e-n....''

If you do BookFace, there's a North Texas Aviators page that's very active.

Just don't post about cheating on your instrument written exam. They take that real serious.

At least you spelled the name of the town correctly.

Sorta reminds me of an old joke.

Seems these 2 yankees were drivin' through Texas when they saw a sign tellin' them how far it is to the next town. They started arguing on the pronunciation. One was callin' it WAXahachie and the other was sayin' waxiHAchie. This continued fer several minutes when one said, ''Let's stop at the first place in town and ask the correct pronunciation.'' They agreed.

Well, they saw the first place in the city limits and pulled in. They ran inside, and the first person they saw was a cashier, a teenage Texas girl, blue eyed, blond and all. So they asked her, ''Can you slowly pronounce the correct way to say the name of this place?''

''Why shore thang, honey. It's called D-a-i-r-y Q-u-e-e-n....''
In another town, it is pronounced meh-hay-yah

upload_2021-6-22_22-23-2.jpeg

Back