Finding Name From Certificate #

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
I swapped Flight Reviews with another CFI two years ago and I can't remember his name. I can read his certificate number but not the scrawled signature.

I've tried both the FAA database and Landings but both only let you search by name, not by number. At least that's the only thing I've found in the last hour or so.

Any suggestions other than bugging the FSDO?

Thanks,

Jim

No -- bug the FSDO.

And then tell the other instructor to do what the FAA told me -- print my last name next to my indecipherable signature (at least for my first signature in that logbook).

BTW, why do you need the other instructor's name?

No -- bug the FSDO.

BTW, why do you need the other instructor's name?

Because I thought he was a pretty good instructor, I learned some useful stuff from him (and I hope the vice-versa), and I wanted another session with him.

Jim

Because I thought he was a pretty good instructor, I learned some useful stuff from him (and I hope the vice-versa), and I wanted another session with him.
Instructor lesson learned -- never let a trainee get away without your business card.

Instructor lesson learned -- never let a trainee get away without your business card.
If an instructor gave me his business card I'd end up losing it before I made it to my car.

If an instructor gave me his business card I'd end up losing it before I made it to my car.
I was thinking the same thing. Seems to me, printing your name in the logbook on at least one entry would be the way to go (maybe a phone# too?).

Back