Finding an airport's street address

Pi1otguy

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Fox McCloud
Normally, if I need to give directions or such (to cab drivers, friends, etc) to an airport I normally look up the street address of the FBO that I'll be using on AirNav and use mapquest to get directions. I might be going to Tulare (TLR) and the only FBO out there is listing a PO box as their address. The A/FD doesn't have an street addresses either.

Is there another website that I can get a street address from?

Normally, if I need to give directions or such (to cab drivers, friends, etc) to an airport I normally look up the street address of the FBO that I'll be using on AirNav and use mapquest to get directions. I might be going to Tulare (TLR) and the only FBO out there is listing a PO box as their address. The A/FD doesn't have an street addresses either.

Is there another website that I can get a street address from?

You can click the mapquest link on AirNav and it will generate a map to the Long/Lat location which should be close enough for most people to find the FBO... or just call the number on AirNav and ask the FBO for the street address or directions.

I read the title and thought immediately of Airplane, the movie.
Flight 192 will be arriving at gate 21. Gate 20. Gate 19. Gate 16...

Mainly cause I was thinking that an airport is too big just to have one number...

maps.google.com

edit - also runs on treo and blackberry ...

Last edited:
I run into the same problem. I usually have to get the street address based on the FBO name.

Last edited:
Ok then, I guess I'll call the FBO before I go. The directions from maps.google.com using the lat/long puts the driver on the wrong side of the field. I know how to manually pick a street on Goggle maps and get an address, but I was more concerned about future cases where I need to get them to a specific FBO or building on the field.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.156306%2C-119.326167&spn=0.0151,0.0151&q=36.156306%2C-119.326167%20(KTLR)

Normally I can find the FBO address by selecting on the FBO link from airnav.com, but I've had to call a few times.

Normally I can find the FBO address by selecting on the FBO link from airnav.com, but I've had to call a few times.

That only works now if the FBO pays for a listing. I just noted that there's no info if the FBO isn't paying.

I'll have to see if the Flight Guide has an address. I think not, but they always have the FBO's phone number. They're putting the Flight Guide online so that's a possibility.

That only works now if the FBO pays for a listing. I just noted that there's no info if the FBO isn't paying.

I'll have to see if the Flight Guide has an address. I think not, but they always have the FBO's phone number. They're putting the Flight Guide online so that's a possibility.

How about listings from the AFD and/or AOPA website.

Any driver arriving to the wrong side of Tulare is gonna' need a John Deere.

Last edited:
Google Maps seems to know the street address of every airport I've tried so far -- you just have to use the ICAO designation, with the inital 'K'. Try searching Google Maps for 'KTLR' and it points to a slightly different spot, near a different road, which I assume is the one you're trying to get to. It's worked for me every time I've tried it so far.

I don't know how to actually get Google Maps to TELL YOU the street address for an airport, but at least it lets you get directions to it pretty accurately.

I called the FBO on the field asked them a few things including their address. The guy drew a huge blank and couldn't come up with an address. Instead he said they are just of hwy 99 @ ave 200. After looking at the website of another business on the field that only listed the city as their address I'll assume they don't have a street address at that airport.

Back