Finally! $$$$$$

Keith Lane

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Keith Lane
I filled up the truck last night for ONLY $1.97.9/gallon!!!!

Next, for 100LL to drop ro <$4.00/Gallon.

Not holdin my breath though.....:no:

Keith Lane said:

We have watched avgas go as high as 550 and now as low as 290 in some areas around here.

Keith Lane said:
I filled up the truck last night for ONLY $1.97.9/gallon!!!!

Not holdin my breath though.....:no:

Car gas her eis still $2.7/gal but avgas is $3.39/gal

Not too bad. Almost better to fly on a per gallon issue.

Auto gas here at Chesapeake is about 2.10 for regular. At the airfield, 100LL self serve was $3.75. At Sherman, Texas Avgas was down to 2.54. Some of the FBOs seem to be taking their time in bringing the prices back down.

Dave

Just like last time, it's purely a coincidence that this happened right after the CEOs of the oil companies were dragged before congress to explain the record profits.

Now ask about natural gas prices.

Bought 100LL for 2.90 at HQZ on Sunday.
Put gas in the rental at 1.87 in Brownsville
paid 4.24 fo 100LL at Port Isabel
topped off at Victoria on way home at 3.22

mikea said:
Now ask about natural gas prices.

From our local gas providers web site, last year was $0.88 per cubic whatever, this year $1.43 per cubic whatever.

Bottom line: Last years $280/mo heating bills (for the three cold months) will be $455/mo.

Ouch :(

Bill Jennings said:
From our local gas providers web site, last year was $0.88 per cubic whatever, this year $1.43 per cubic whatever.

Bottom line: Last years $280/mo heating bills (for the three cold months) will be $455/mo.

Ouch :(

Our Natural Gas went from $.89/therm to $1.43/therm as well.
We bought a few electric heaters and scattered 'm thru the house like last year. I'm glad Georgia Power (electric) is still a regulated monopoly.:yes:

Southeastern PA

Auto gas anywhere from $2.09 to 2.27
100LL is $4.09 and $3.79 on Wensdays at KLOM

smigaldi said:
Almost better to fly on a per gallon issue.
Something about how you worded that makes me think of this:

NTSB: When did the engine quit running?

Pilot: After I landed and shut down.

NTSB: Tell us again why you made a forced landing just a couple miles short of the rwy.

Pilot: I couldn't afford to make it all the way to the rwy.

Keith Lane said:
Our Natural Gas went from $.89/therm to $1.43/therm as well.
We bought a few electric heaters and scattered 'm thru the house like last year. I'm glad Georgia Power (electric) is still a regulated monopoly.:yes:

Last week I ordered an electric fireplace insert for atmosphere but dare I fantasize that it may save me a few bucks ?

Dave Krall CFII said:
Last week I ordered an electric fireplace insert for atmosphere but dare I fantasize that it may save me a few bucks ?

Dunno....
Space heaters are are going for a real premium around here, if the stores have them at all. We bought ours last year, in the early fall, just as a lark.
I have no doubt at all that they will save their purchase price in natural gas savings this year. I wonder if the price of natural gas went outta sight because Katrina, et. al. shut down all the natural gas "refineries". :rofl:

Back