Finally!!!

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
It's a go. Saturday midday departure. Don't question the route, I have my reasons for where I am going.:D

Edit: Decided to not put such a long day in so early into the trip. Longmont to Kalispell was going to be a browbeater. I'll catch Colorado on the way back...

trip.jpg

Last edited:
Wow... That is one heck of a cross country. If I had the time I'd be doing something similar...

Ed,
Fantastic!!! Let me know when you're going to be in Missouri, I'll try to get up there to see you.

Chip

N2212R said:
It's a go. Saturday midday departure. Don't question the route, I have my reasons for where I am going.:D
Hey Ed, are ya still coming to the farm? We need to take care of that birthday present. :)

Diana said:
Hey Ed, are ya still coming to the farm? We need to take care of that birthday present. :)

You said you would be at OSH during that time. Would probably be coming through the 21st or 22nd or so.

Ed FRED! AAA has had it's phone line cut by a trencher. Thus, the Card pump won't authorize. Either Bring a personal check during daytimes, or go to Canton, CTK which is just SW of Peoria where I just bought a load for $2.75.

And For Heaven's sake, call before you leave Mo and I'll meet you for lunch! Doc.

N2212R said:
You said you would be at OSH during that time. Would probably be coming through the 21st or 22nd or so.

We won't leave till the 22nd. Keep us in mind. PTS is a good little airport, btw. Tom instructs out of there a lot; it's where I learned how to be an airport bum. :)

Looks like a trip you'll remember forever. If you have any spare time at 2V2 we could try and meet up for lunch. I'm just up the road at 3V5. Greg K flys out of 2V2. When are you coming through? Looks like mid-week.

Eric

Thanks for the heads up Doc. And I do still have that pager number in my cell phone. Don't worry I'll make the call and we'll do lunch.

Diana -

PTS might work out better...you said the corn was getting high as it was. Maybe Chip can make PTS as well. I missed out on rides in the Extra and the Citabria at Gastons...though, I am never one to ask for a ride. Alhough, I am not against dropping hints. LOL

ejensen said:
Looks like a trip you'll remember forever. If you have any spare time at 2V2 we could try and meet up for lunch. I'm just up the road at 3V5. Greg K flys out of 2V2. When are you coming through? Looks like mid-week.

Eric

Actually....2V2 will be a Sunday overnight.

My overnights are:

FSD
2V2 (free lodging)
FCA
EAT
SPB
CXP
HII
FMN
OUN
LXT

The rest of the stops are just fuel/rest/stretch stops

Promise to:
1. Keep a journal and post it (maybe upload during your trip..)
2. Take lotsa pictures and post
3. Brush up on mountain flying and density altitude, especially at Bryce Canyon
4. Have a great time
5. Don't make the rest of us too jealous (great route)

Noticed you'll be staying overnight in KFMN - if you want to meet up for a soda and some food - lemme know. I know absolutely nothing about Farmington, so I can't give a good restaurant recommendation, but...it'd be cool to toss back a soda or two with you.

I also noticed that you'll be stopping at KBGD. When Michael, Mark and I stopped there for fuel, they were, by far, the nicest people I've ever met in an FBO.

Enjoy the trip man!

pcorman said:
Promise to:
1. Keep a journal and post it (maybe upload during your trip..)
2. Take lotsa pictures and post
3. Brush up on mountain flying and density altitude, especially at Bryce Canyon
4. Have a great time
5. Don't make the rest of us too jealous (great route)

Already ahead of ya Phil. Check my signature below. ;)

Hope you have CAVU weather this time Ed! I'll be looking forward to seeing you at FCA. Hey...you shaved!!!

Safe flight,

David

Richard said:
You are gonna have a lot of fun making that trip but what do you have against Iowa?

Touch N Gos in Iowa, Nebraska, and Wyoming.

N2212R said:
It's a go.

Ed, FANTASTIC trip! Take lots of pictures for us, OK?

KBCE->KFMN, is this leg so you can fly over the four corners?

Have fun, fly safe, you dog.

Ed. Great trip. Thats a lot of miles, what do you fly?

Your route almost looks like you are trying to land in each of the western states you are crossing. Looks like fun. Enjoy.

WOW, what a fantastic trip! Do take pictures and post them as you can. Be careful!

you almost bypassed california..I dont blame you for not wanting to wander too far into their airspace :)
Looks like a fun trip. Boating and topless women await you in Havasu :)
(for you feminist out there, I am not trying to sell this as a home game, just stating the facts)

Michael

N2212R said:
PTS might work out better...you said the corn was getting high as it was.
The corn isn't a problem as long as you stay in the middle of the runway. :)

One of the Yak pilots that landed here last weekend forgot about the corn when he turned around to take off one time. He said he looked out at the wing and it was whacking corn stalks as he turned. Didn't hurt his wing or even leave any green on it. ;)

Back