Finally

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
after 6.5 yrs and probably well over 100k miles of driving, most of it at least 5 over the speed limit, got my first ticket. exciting! :rofl:

after 6.5 yrs and probably well over 100k miles of driving, most of it at least 5 over the speed limit, got my first ticket. exciting! :rofl:
Slacker. I got my 1st speeding ticket before I even had a driver's lic. On a bicycle no less.

Slacker. I got my 1st speeding ticket before I even had a driver's lic. On a bicycle no less.
I was pulled over on a bicycle, but for riding at dusk without a light. How were you going fast enough to be tagged for speeding, and how did you have enough reflective surface for the radar gun to get a return?

I was pulled for doing 65 in a 35, then 45 in a 25 and I never got a ticket for that one. The cop laughed told me to slow it down and to have a goodnight.

I got a verbal warning after passing cars on the outside on my bicycle.

Why? It was a posted 50 and I was 10mph over the limit :D

In retrospect, I wish I got a written out of it, I'd frame that and keep it on my desk.

Cheers,

-Andrew

That must have been one hell of a downhill!!!!! 60 on a bike!

Pete

13% grade over 1.5 miles... I'm a wee bit above 230... with a 53T front and spinning 160rpm, you'd be surprised at how fast a bicycle can go :)

Cheers,

-Andrew

13% grade over 1.5 miles... I'm a wee bit above 230... with a 53T front and spinning 160rpm, you'd be surprised at how fast a bicycle can go :)

If you went down, you'd be surprised how long the streak on the road you would make with your flesh would be.

I was pulled for doing 65 in a 35, then 45 in a 25 and I never got a ticket for that one. The cop laughed told me to slow it down and to have a goodnight.
I was on my motorcycle slaloming the white dashed lane divider on a highway once and got ticketed for "unsafe lane deviation" but I got that one thrown out cuz the cop didn't know how to describe what I'd done. Another time I got tagged for 92 in a 25 zone -- three blocks from the stop sign where I'd started. I did not get out of that.

Now I'm no wiser, I'm just not in that much of a hurry anymore.

Man the uphill on that is gonna suck big time though! The fastest I ever went was coming off Loveland Pass on Ride the Rockies. For a 2-3 mile stretch you have to ride on the I70 shoulder :hairraise:. Unfortunately my speedo was broke, but the guy with me said we got over 50.

That was plenty fast for me....

Pete

If you went down, you'd be surprised how long the streak on the road you would make with your flesh would be.

It would hurt, for sure. Wouldn't be the first time. I've got the cracked ribs to prove it!

If the bicycle doesn't kill me, the motorcycle will. If the motorcycle doesn't kill me, the rock climbing will. I could repeat this ad nauseum for all of my hobbies. Risk/return.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I was on my motorcycle slaloming the white dashed lane divider on a highway once and got ticketed for "unsafe lane deviation" but I got that one thrown out cuz the cop didn't know how to describe what I'd done. Another time I got tagged for 92 in a 25 zone -- three blocks from the stop sign where I'd started. I did not get out of that.

Now I'm no wiser, I'm just not in that much of a hurry anymore.

OUCH.

That just... hurts.

I once blew by a cop on a certain MA highway, very late at night, at mumble-mumble per hour. He hit his lights, then shut them off. Just wasn't worth it, I guess (I would have stopped, and probably would have been arrested...)

Cheers,

-Andrew

OUCH.

That just... hurts.

I once blew by a cop on a certain MA highway, very late at night, at mumble-mumble per hour. He hit his lights, then shut them off. Just wasn't worth it, I guess (I would have stopped, and probably would have been arrested...)

Cheers,

-Andrew
Yeah, don't try to run! (Jesse!)

I've gotten nailed passing a cop before. I came up behind him at night and he nicely got into the right lane so I could pass :rofl::rolleyes: It was just "yes, officer. no, officer" after that. He had me cold. Certainly couldn't blame anyone but myself!

. Unfortunately my speedo was broke, but the guy with me said we got over 50.

That was plenty fast for me....

Pete
Whoa! Nobody wants to see a dude on a bike with a broken speedo! Or any speedo for that matter.:no::vomit:

I have never gotten a speeding ticket.

Once I was doing 90mph back when the national speed limit was 55mph on interstate 40. A trooper going the other way nailed, by the time he turned around I and started to follow me I was able to take the turn off into the rest stop and sit there for a while, I saw him shoot by with lights on. I am sure that frustrated him. After that I slowed down.

Now I stay close to the limit and don't have that worry.

Back