Finally some IMC

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Finally after close to a year with my IR I got up in some Actual! A Big thank you to Arnold Feldman for tagging along with me. Arnold recalled my lamenting in a previous post that I was having trouble finding a CFI to fly with during actual b/c they all would disappear from the FBO on crummy days. Thus my only actual was during my IR training. Anyway Friday Arnold shot me an email saying Saturday looked like a good day for Actual and we set it up. We just made it a short hop from KPNE to KILG in the Tiger. Skys were broken to overcast anywhere from 1000 to 1400 along the route and we wound up between layers for a portion of it as there was also an overcast around 7000. I flew the leg down to ILG and did the VOR 19 approach. We grabbed a cup of coffee at Falcon Aviation and discussed what else but Aviation. Arnold flew the leg back to PNE and shot the ILS 24. I was happy that I could help teach him a bit about the GNS 430.
Back at PNE we grabbed lunch and Arnold gave me a very constructive critique of my piloting ( much appreciated). All in all it was a great confidence building trip for me in actual IMC. Arnold is a very patient, experienced and knowledgeable pilot and it was a real privilege and pleasure flying with him. I encourage all green IR pilots to get actual time this way!

:blueplane:

Adam. What a great ideas. I'll bet Arnold is one heck of a CFI also. Sounds like a wonderful experience. Did you get disoriented at all?

Anthony: Your right Arnold is one heck of a good CFI not just because of the knowledge he possesses but just as importantly how he conveys it. He is just so easy to learn from. No I did't get disoriented. I just kept up the mantra " Believe the instruments, believe the instruments" What was just as impressive about Arnold was that after the flight he asked me if there was anything I felt he could have done differently. We discussed differences in techniques and got a new perspective on some old routines Again it was just nothing less than a great learning experience! :blueplane:

Back