Finally made it to Port A…

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
But years too late to say “Hi” in person …

98a9bf771b5b104ca4a2d6c92959b552.jpg

U at Mustang Beach TX?

Yep. My wife, being a SoCal beach girl has to have a beach fix regularly or she goes a bit stir crazy. We usually do Mexico but didn’t want to take our chances on getting stuck outside the US and not being able to get home without a vaxport. Last year just a clear test within 48 hours was all they required. So, this year we hooked up the RV and headed south until we ran into salt water.

We left Colorado with a 24 hr TAF of winds 27045G110 and arrived at Mustang Island State Beach campground with winds 35030G55

Finally died down enough that the RV stopped rocking as much.

Did they redecorate? I know Jay did a ton of work right after Harvey.

They retired, but I thought they stayed in the area.

They did, I was wondering if the new owners changed the room themes. I’m pretty sure Jay & Mary stayed in the area as he recently posted elsewhere about a possible incident at the home ‘drome and still claims Ingleside as his place of residence on the book of faces.

The back side of the sign I posted above does say “Aviation Themed Rooms” so I assume there are at least some left.

The only thing knocking on the RV while it was rocking was the stuff that wasn’t tied down in the campsites upwind of us!

Supposed to have a couple more nice days here before another cold front rolls in.

Next stop is NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston in a few days.

We stayed at Amelia’s Landing just as Jay and Mary were starting to redecorate with the aviation theme. Good times.

KRAS, my other home base airport.

I'm pretty sure Jay "retired" from running the landing. Never made it down there, but we did drive in to his former place, the Alexis Park Inn in Iowa City when we were retrieving a trailer from the Navion shop in Nebraska.

I'm pretty sure Jay "retired" from running the landing. Never made it down there, but we did drive in to his former place, the Alexis Park Inn in Iowa City when we were retrieving a trailer from the Navion shop in Nebraska.

I thought he posted that they sold Amelia’s Landing shortly after the hurricane cleanup a few years ago.

Back