Finally made it! Moved to a new aiport....

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
literally!

This past Thursday the wife and I closed on our new home. :cheerswine:

Of course since this is a great time to buy but a poor time to sell, we now have two house payments until we can rent/sell the existing home. :yikes:

So why did I say we moved to a new airport, well because we did, literally we moved onto one! We now own a home at a fly-in community, one of the houses right on the runway!

We have a house at Mallards Landing (www.mallardslanding.us), also known as GA04, and here is the Google Maps shot: http://tinyurl.com/d5knpp

It is soooooo cool to look out in your garage/hangar and see you plane there and to hear/see the planes flying every day.

Talk about heaven on earth. :yes:

Last edited:
That is SOOOOO neat!

Are you going to stay on as the ASNV for 4A7?

Oooooooooooooooooooooo. VERY very awesome. Congratulations!!!!

That is really awesome. What better than to have your airplane right there where you live, and getting to see and hear planes taking off and landing? I would love something like that.

Congrats! :yes:

Thanks everyone.

We currently own some raw land that is a taxiway lot, which is of course for sale now, but this was our dream property.

The woman that sold it to us lost her husband in an airplane accident about ten years ago and his ashes are scattered on the runway, so to say the house has a special meaning to her is an understatement.

We have been prepping it for a week now and plan on moving in the weekend of the 16th, which also happens to be the annual spring fly-in date as well.

That's awesome. Congratulations.

Is that a PBY in your neighbors yard?

Congrats Tom. Sounds like a special place.

I'd offer to help ya move, but dagnabit, I'm gonna be out of town for my brother's wedding that weekend.

Shucks! :rofl:

Thanks for the offer Rich...sorta! :)

Lee...it is a PBY, though that is the common area. Unfortunately I never got to fly in it, but I did hang out and drink in it at an airshow. It has since been sold...so my one and only chance to fly in one has passed unfortunately. :(

However I hope to fly in an A26 soon, have flown in a privately owned Huey, several bi-planes, a modified T6 that now looks like a Japanese "Kate" fighter-bomber, and have seen P51's, Corsairs, and all manner of other great flying machines come into Mallards. There is even a rumor a good friend is looking at a DC-3 again!

Back