Finally.....ITS SNOWING!!!!!

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
Yiiiiipppppppeeeeeeeeee!!!!! ITS SNOWING, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

No work for me today. :goofy: No way no how...not with all those accidents out there. It's BAD!!!!!

So Im going back to bed now.

Oh yeah...did I tell you ITS SNOWING?

The school kids got an ice day yesterday and most likely today. Black ice everywhere. Enjoy it while you can.

FZ RA along my route of flight today. I guess I'll stay on the ground for awhile.

We should see up to 2 inches.

2 Inches?!?! When I grew up in St. Louis, we didn't even slow down for 2". Once when I was 16 I went to the movies with my girlfriend and a few of her friends, the ground was clear walking in. When we came out there was 14" on the ground. Drove all of us in my 1972 Cutlass with nearly bald back tires back to my GFs house, by the time we got there there was 2' on the ground. I called my mom and she said, "Just stay put", so I spent the next 6 days at my GFs house till the plow finally made it down her street.:D

I called my mom and she said, "Just stay put", so I spent the next 6 days at my GFs house till the plow finally made it down her street.:D

And now we know why you left St.Louis, Dad. Please come home.:rofl:

Snow day? With 2 inches? :rofl:

No snow here, but a nice thin layer of ice from my doorstep all the way down the two flights of stairs. Made it down safely, got to work, then realized I left my laptop and papers back home. *D'OH* Drive back, traverse the icy mountain, get the laptop, back downstairs, and escaped with my life. Whew.

In Colorado, it takes 6" to even consider shutting down anything. Even then, it's only the government offices that close down. Private enterprise keeps on ticking.

I remember those school days just south of St. Louis. We were in school with less than 3" on most days. Now, they would stop with much less due to liability.

I guess I shouldn't laugh...in high school in TN we would be released early sometimes on rumors of snow. "It's snowing in Memphis!" would be all it took...

I Raleigh 4 snowflakes constitute a national emergency. For all the Damn Yankees who have moved there they sure did forget quick about how to drive in the white stuff when it falls.:(

As for me, I drove my rear wheel drive car to RDU to catch a commercial flight. Other than the idiots who think that stopping on the way up the hill is the way to avoid accidents I made it just fine.

For those who did not get on the road and drive today I thank you.:yes:

We had Monday off for MLK day. Tuesday and Wednesday most state offices were closed due to ice/snow/sleet in the Austin area. Honestly, these people around here have no clue how to drive in any frozen precip, so you want them to have a day off instead of sliding past you on the highway in a hurry to get to work. Didn't seem like a big deal to me until I lost power yesterday about 3pm. Only got it back around noon today. (Why in the heck did I buy an all electric house with no fireplace???). :dunno: :D

So, I worked today from noon until I go home (about 5pm) and get this... tomorrow is another State holiday..Confederate Hero's day. So unless I just decide to work tomorrow (which I probably will to get caught up), I'll have had this whole week off of work with the exception of noon-5p today. Sometimes having a State job ain't so bad. :D (and yes, I'm surfing the web while at work...waiting on hold on the phone. lol)

Friggin' ice.

Apparently SAT only has one or two deicing trucks (at least one of them belongs to Southwest). Most commercial flights were canceled for 2-1/2 days.... I was supposed to have a breakfast and lunch meeting in DC today... fat chance.

On top of that AUS ran out of de-icing fluid for planes. I suspect SAT did also because everybody - including Southwest - canceled everything yesterday morning. It hit 32 at 11 AM, but nothing arrived or left until after noon. Even then, 90% of the afternoon flights were canceled.

This happens 1-2 days a year. Apparently the airlines would rather cancel than to buy deicing equipment.

Yiiiiipppppppeeeeeeeeee!!!!! ITS SNOWING, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

No work for me today. :goofy: No way no how...not with all those accidents out there. It's BAD!!!!!

So Im going back to bed now.

Oh yeah...did I tell you ITS SNOWING?

You can have all our snow :D

Actually I was hoping that you would email it to me. :rofl:
wish I could! Got a batch of turkey legs to go in the smoker and I'm looking out my back door at the smoker engulfed in yet another freakin' blizzard of swirling snow. Dang it! 4 weekends in a row now!

wish I could! Got a batch of turkey legs to go in the smoker and I'm looking out my back door at the smoker engulfed in yet another freakin' blizzard of swirling snow. Dang it! 4 weekends in a row now!

I was thinking if we got ourselves a bunch of dumper trucks and front end loaders, we could make snow the primary export of Colorado. It's not like we'll run out of the stuff or anything.

Unless I lost count somewhere along the line, this piddly 6 inches today makes a total of EIGHT FEET of the stuff I've had to dig through in a little over a month.

P.S. Put long bright colored streamers on your keys. If you don't and you drop a couple keys on one of those metal rings in the snow, they're frigging gone. It takes an hour to find them IF you know precisely where they fell. (The 2 I dropped vanished. Poof, gone. Turns out they fell in pristine untouched snow a few inches out of my boot tracks and left no marks in the surface snow)

P.S. Put long bright colored streamers on your keys. If you don't and you drop a couple keys on one of those metal rings in the snow, they're frigging gone. It takes an hour to find them IF you know precisely where they fell. (The 2 I dropped vanished. Poof, gone. Turns out they fell in pristine untouched snow a few inches out of my boot tracks and left no marks in the surface snow)
Ouch! Major Sucks!

Back